Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Fourth

 Sorry I didn't do a TGIFF this week but I was busy celebrating. Here is our great day in lots of pictures. The 4th of July is a big deal in the Smith household and it is so much fun!

We started the day off going to the reservation to buy our fireworks.
Paige was very happy with the purchase of a backpack full of fireworks.
 Then after much deliberation the center for the kilt-o-sac of fire was created.
 Then it was time for everyone to add to the ring of fire.
 Lily's hair was so cute in a star and I attempted to do Paige's the same. I thought it looked pretty cute. It didn't turn out perfect since Paige has super fine hair and then that night when Nate and I were looking at pictures he pointed out that I did it completely wrong so it was a good attempt and maybe I will do better next time.
 For dinner we had a hot dog bar.
 Some cute family 4th of July pics.
 It is tradition to start the fireworks off with smoke bombs. I think smoke bombs were Paige's favorite this year. She did a little better with the fireworks this year compared to last but we still have some work to do. She did not like anything that was too loud but did like any firework that was bright and had lots of color.
 Then it was time for the snake pit.
 Next was dessert time. My contribution to the table was Pavlova and red, white, and blue cupcakes.
 Now it was time for the famous tank wars.
 All of the destruction.
 And a moment of silence. :)
 Paige did do a few fireworks with us though most of the time she sat near the house on Papa's lap.
 Then for the night we went over to Lake Meridian for the firework show.
It was a great fourth and I am very grateful to be an American and enjoy all the freedoms that I have living in this great country!

No comments:

Post a Comment