Monday, July 25, 2022

One Month

One whole month of loving you! Sweet baby girl- you have made our family feel a little more complete and we are completely obsessed with you. You are the cutest little thing and so tiny. We sure love our little girl!
McCall turned one month on the 22nd. I truly can't believe that it has already been one month since we first met. The night before I cried a little because it feels like it is already going by way too fast. I just wish time would slow down. I also feel a little bit robbed with the knowledge that she may be my last and not necessarily having that choice. I just want this newborn stage to last so much longer. We have all soaked up all the newborn cuddles and she is SO loved. Here's what McCall is up to at one month:

  • I'm guessing she is in the low 8 pound range though I don't know for sure. She still is so tiny compared to my other two.
  • She loves to nurse and is so calm when she does. She still struggles a little bit at the beginning since at times my let down is little much and she can't quite keep up. She eats about every 3 hours even at night. I'm lucky if I get a 4 hour stretch in. 
  • She is not the greatest sleeper. She sleeps great until about 2 and then is very noisy and makes lots of grunting noises.
  • She smiles the most when she is starting to fall asleep though there has been a few real smiles at someone.
  • She doesn't like to be alone when she is awake. She likes to look at people or be held.
  • She spits up a lot and gets the hiccups a lot though it doesn't seem to bother her too much. We just make sure that she always has a burp cloth under her after feedings and we go through lots of burp cloths during the week.
  • She is starting to get pretty good at holding her head up. I mostly have her do it on my chest. She is still a little bit wobbly but getting better and stronger each day.
  • She LOVES taking a bath and is so calm when she is in the water.
  • She likes to nap in her swing which is nice for me when I need to get things done. I have been holding her more and I love it when she naps on my chest. I just want to soak in all these newborn cuddles and I love holding her close and just looking at her sweet face.
  • Right now she likes the car and always falls asleep when we are out and about. She has been great with all the different places we have gone to. 
  • She is very alert when she is awake and loves to look around. When she looks at you, it is like she is staring into your soul. I love when her eyes get really wide when we go from light to dark or vice versa. 
  • She did roll over once though I think it might have been a fluke but Paige was sure excited about it and said I had to count it as her first time rolling over.
  • Her sisters love her so much. They take turns picking out her outfit for the day. Baylor loves to grab and kiss her hand and gives her lots of hugs. She gives McCall the most kisses and says she loves her the most. Paige loves to help out and carry her around the house. She has changed a few diapers and is always willing to get whatever is needed.
I love her spiky hair in this picture with her cute little stretch as she is lying in our bed. She does spend quite a bit of time in our bed. Often in the early morning, I put her close to my head so that she will sleep a little longer since she is close to me. One of my favorite things right now is when I put her to bed at night. Oftentimes she is still awake so I get her all swaddled and lay to next to head and I just talk to her and stare in her eyes while I rub her head and forehead until she falls asleep before I lay her in the bassinet. It is in those nightly moments that I'm filled with such love and gratitude for this little miracle baby.
McCall got her first pedicure done by her sisters and her tiny little toes look so cute painted.
Just a few snapshots from the last few weeks. 
My whole world in one picture- I'm one lucky girl!
One month down of many, many more to come of loving you!

No comments:

Post a Comment