Sunday, July 17, 2022

4th of July

We had a great 4th of July as always. It is a favorite holiday in our family, full of tradition, lots of time with family, and day filled with fun. We started the morning going to Covington Community Park for our ward breakfast. Nate stayed home with McCall and Paige (who was still sleeping when we left) and I was able to go with Baylor and my parents, and Erika. It was fun to see ward members since it has been awhile and Baylor enjoyed playing on the playground.
Erika made McCall some really cute shirts and made her a first 4th of July that was a little big. :) She looked so cute though!
We spent the morning making some desserts and we then went over to Dale and Margaret's in the afternoon to join in all the fun. We always start the day with the chalk drawing and had fun with the jump ropes.
Anna brought over their new puppy and boy is she cute!
Aaron brought some water balloons and my girls had so much fun with them. Paige ganged up with Lily and worked together to get all the boys.
Baylor LOVED the water balloons and it was so cute seeing the pure joy and mischievous smile as she went after whoever she could.
More yard fun
And some water bottle rockets also added more fun to our day
We then had a big family BBQ and it is always nice to sit and eat and visit with family and friends. I was in charge of dessert. My mom made the flag cake, I made a new chocolate dessert that Paige wanted to try- it was a smores bar and was very tasty, and then I also made some homemade ice cream.
Traditional pictures on the porch
Paige got an extra white onesie and surprised me and made this cute 4th of July onesie for McCall to wear for the day. McCall was so pleasant and happy to be held and passed around the entire day. She met lots of family for the first time and everyone always loves to hold a new baby.
Then it was time for some really simple fireworks- the little girls loved the pop-its.
Paige got the camera and took a few candid shots while I was in feeding McCall. It was fun to go through them. A funny thing that happened while feeding McCall was the 4 youngest girls were inside watching a show and I sat on the couch to feed McCall. I got all settled and was using a cover and Baylor announces to everyone that mom feeds the baby with her boobies. They all proceed to walk over and want to see. I had to decline but it made me laugh. :)
The rest of the evening was spent visiting and the kids playing together. It was such a nice day. It was disappointing that the city was not putting fireworks on over at the lake. We knew from years past that there would still be people that live on the lake that would do their own fireworks. Nate and Paige walked over and I decided to stay home and get Baylor to bed since she was tired and McCall was hungry. I regret that decision after hearing about what happened at the lake. I loved seeing Nate and Paige's face when they walked in the door and how excited they were. Someone on the lake put on an epic show that was about 30 minutes long. They said it was some of the best fireworks they had ever seen and I wish I could have seen them in person since I love seeing the big fireworks. Paige was so excited and said she wanted the autograph of the person that did them since it was so cool. She also just wanted to listen to all the fireworks go off as she went to bed that night. It was truly such a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment