Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May's Little Moments

We are loving our warmer weather and more time outside. I love this time of year and into the summer. I love being outside with my little family and enjoy any outdoor adventure we go on. We are looking forward to the end of the school year. May was a very busy month, but also a really good month. By the end of the month, I needed a little break and we got to go to the beach with Mike and Christy's family which was a much needed vacation and I'll blog about that soon. Here are some of the little moments from our busy month.

I redid our front flower bed. It had two bushes that I really didn't like that were thorny. Nate got the little Japanese maple tree and I knew it would be the perfect place for it. The picture on the top right is what it was like before and so I took out the two bushes and moved the middle one over to make room for the tree. I added some rock features and some succulents and hostas. I don't know how well the hostas will do, but I really love how it turned out.
Nate got the girls a bubble machine and Baylor loves it.
Silly, cute girl on the move.
I love getting McCall up from her naps and in the morning because she is so happy to see me. It's the best thing to see that sweet smile. She pulls herself up to the stand now and so we had to move her crib mattress down. She is growing so fast!
I took these two to Black Diamond one day to do some errands and so of course we had to stop by the bakery and get some donuts and Baylor wanted to go see the train.
From May to September, every Friday there is a car show in Walmart's back parking lot. It is something I've always wanted to go to so I took Baylor and McCall and we walked around for a bit and Baylor even got a little toy car.
Paige had her first orchestra concert that family was able to go to. She did amazing and it was great to listen to. She even did a trio with her two friends! She loves orchestra and playing her violin. I'm glad she wants to continue learning and chose orchestra as one of her electives next year in middle school. 
We got a new kiddie pool that I know will be used many times this summer. We got some hot days in May and put in our AC unit and McCall got her first dip in the pool even if it was with her clothes on. She loved crawling around in the water and splashing like crazy.
More bubble fun!
Baylor's dream came true and there was finally a car shopping cart available when we went shopping one time this month and so the two girls each got to help drive around the shopping cart looking for groceries.
Three cute girls waiting and watching out the window for Mom to come home from an activity.
Baylor got to go on a preschool field trip to the Point Defiance Zoo. It was a beautiful day and we had fun seeing all the animals. Baylor loved it and McCall was happy to be outside being pushed around in the stroller.
We got to pet this bumblebee! 
I love the aquarium at this zoo! It is incredible!
We had lunch at the zoo with her preschool group and then we did a little more exploring before leaving. Since I was right there, I decided to go to Owen Beach and I'm glad I did. It was so beautiful and both girls loved the rocks and exploring.
We took our own family picture to update the family picture in our home. I sure love this sweet family of mine and that I get to do life with them!
We were able to get back from our trip and do my favorite annual tradition on Memorial Day- go and see the flags at all the gravesites at Tahoma National Cemetery. It is also so peaceful and calm and a time where I am filled with such gratitude for all those that sacrificed their time and even their lives for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment