Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Bellevue

On the 20th, we had a stake temple day where our stake president asked that everyone in the stake try and go to the temple that day. It could be doing temple work or just being on the temple grounds. Once I heard that, I looked to see if there were baptisms available for our youth but all the appointments were already filled so I reached out to a temple grounds worker and we were able to go and serve by weeding at the temple. It was a pretty cool experience and quite the view of the gorgeous temple as you are weeding. It was a little disappointing that only two young women and two young men were able to go but a Saturday in May can always be busy. I was so grateful to those youth that did attend and my whole family went and helped out too.
The temple grounds are always so pretty and it was great to be able to help out and I love service opportunities for my children because I feel pretty strongly that service is important and it teaches us to reach out instead of focusing on ourselves. They did great and were a big help.
Since we were in Bellevue already and it was a beautiful day, we went and got some lunch when we were done at the temple and then went to Bellevue Botanical Gardens. It got a little hot towards the end but so many flowers were in bloom and it was so pretty to walk around.
This bridge was pretty cool to walk on. Nate and Baylor were not fans of it with the height and the fact that it was a suspension bridge so it was a little wiggly but Paige and I loved it.
She did great in the stroller and was just along for the ride.
 A beautiful day with my beautiful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment