Wednesday, May 31, 2023

11 Months

11 Months! The closer I get to the year mark, it makes me so sad that time is flying by. I want this little one to stay my baby forever even though I know it doesn't work that way. I truly wish I had a pause button. I can't believe McCall is almost one, but I love every moment with this little miracle baby. She is just the cutest little thing and I'm loving this stage with her. Even though I wish for all my girls to stop growing up so fast, I always love each stage of life with them and love that I get a front row seat in watching them progress and become.
Here's what McCall is up to at 11 months:

  • On May 12th, she had to go and get her iron checked again and thankfully it did go up and so hopefully she will only have to be on it until her 1 year check up and then we can be done but we will see. At that appointment she was 15lbs 7 oz (4th percentile) and 2 feet 3.17 inches long (9th percentile). So still my tiny little girl which I love! She is still in 9 month clothes and in size 2 diapers.
  • She is an awesome eater and eats by the handful and is very messy. She doesn't like being hungry and is usually her fussiest when she is hungry. I'm excited for her birthday because I might actually have one child that goes crazy for her cake.
  • She still wakes up one or two times per night and nurses to go back to sleep. This past month, she has transitioned to one nap. We have also gotten to the point during the day and when I put her down for bed at night that I can nurse her and if she is still awake, I can just lay her in her crib and she will fall asleep on her own.
  • She is still not a fan of her car seat especially if the car is not moving or if she is in the house. If she is left in her car seat for too long, she will let you know that she wants out.
  • She is very observant and always curious and watching her world around her. You can't do out of sight, out of mind with her because she will just look around wherever you put it until she finds it. 
  • She still prefer army crawling but also does a mix of normal crawling with it. 
  • She is starting to cruise on furniture and is into climbing on anything she is able to. She loves to open up cupboards and drawers and is into pulling everything out. We clean up lots of messes a day but it keeps her entertained so I just let her do it. 
  • She has two cute teeth on the bottom and her smile just melts me especially when her little dimple that she has on one side shows up.
  • She loves looking out our front window when Daddy comes home and just lights up with the biggest smile for him. 
  • She loves her sisters and they are the ones that get the most laughs. Paige loves to carry her around and make her laugh and smile. McCall loves to climb all over Baylor and Baylor loves to hide from McCall and lets her find her.
  • She loves her blanky and binky. She will snuggle her face into her blanket especially if she is tired.
  • Of all my babies, she has the least stranger danger and is willing to be held by most anyone. My young women love her and she is always passed around at activities and at church.
  • She loves to clap and bounces up and down when we sing songs. She has started to wave and it is the cutest! This past week, she has also learned to blow kisses. She is very much into mimicking things especially sounds that we do. It is funny when we are calling for Paige or Baylor and then she will give out a little yell to call for them too. She also loves to point at things.
  • She doesn't talk a lot. She is a little quieter that way but sometimes can be chatty. She really doesn't say too many words yet but does an uh oh sound when she drops something. She says things that sound like mama and dada but I don't know if they are connected with us or not.
  • She loves to blow raspberries. She is also pretty ticklish but has to be in the mood for fun and giggles or it just makes her mad and she pushes your hand away.
  • She loves to be outside and is the least fussy when we are out and about. She is still loves water and is still a little hesitant crawling on grass. She loves to try and eat rocks. This past week we went to the ocean and she loved crawling on the sand.
  • She is a busy little one and does not like to cuddle. She wants to see the world around her and see what is going on. She is always on the go and just wants to explore her little world.
  • We love our little girl so much!!!
We got a few pictures with the sticker on but she always immediately takes it off. :)
Blowing some raspberries for the camera.
Happy 11 months of having this sweet baby girl in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment