Saturday, May 28, 2022

Letter Q

Letter Q Week- not many activities that start with Q but we had fun with what we did do.

Started off with letter Q tracing
Then for the craft Baylor created a Queen out of a Q. She colored the Q and I traced the crown and she cut it out and glued it on.
The next day we did a quilt. She was a little confused about what a quilt was and so for the days following when I would ask her what we did she would always say blanket or the blanket on Mom and Dad's bed. :) I traced squares on different scrap fabric that we had and she cut them out and then glued them on the letter Q to make her own "quilt".
The third day was Q-tip painting. I gave her a big paper with lots of Q-tips and lots of different colors of paint and just let her create and paint to her heart's desire.
Our last day since we had a busy Friday was our quarter day. We first did a math activity where I would put so many quarter on the page and she would trace them and then add them together. After we did addition, I had all the quarters in a pile and had her count the total and then I would take some away and have her count how many were left.
Then she did quarter tracing. It was like a seek and find for her and she loved whenever she felt a quarter through the paper and was excited to color it.

No comments:

Post a Comment