Wednesday, May 4, 2022

April

 We started the month off with Paige's favorite day of the year and my least favorite- April Fool's Day. She got up extra early and did some things the night before to get her parents. So much tape was used on drawers, light switches, on the floor, and even to keep Baylor in bed. She took batteries out of the remote and made it so the computer mouse didn't work. She put googly eyes on a whole bunch of things in the fridge. She short sheeted our bed and put some books on Nate's side. She gets complete glee and happiness from this day and seeing her tricks work. I was on edge all day but made it through and would hear Paige's giggles every time I found something else and would do some sort of reaction.
Baylor has really gotten into drawing and painting this past month. We go through so much paper and she loves to draw people and it is the cutest thing. The picture on the top left is me, the picture on the top right is the podium she drew while we were watching conference, and the bottom was her very own art gallery she drew when looking out the window- the birds, the sky, and the grass.
The spring flowers in my yard make me so happy! I have a little piece of heaven in our yard and I love how everything is growing and coming in. It truly soothes my soul and it is even more full and has more flowers now that we are into May.
We also have taken advantage of any warm days. They have been few and far between and this year it has seemed to take longer than normal to be consistency warm but we will always take a day when we can draw with chalk or the girls can ride their bikes and just sit out in the sun and soak up its rays.
We went on our annual trillium walk through the forest with Nona. They are few and far between at first and then we get to a part of the forest that is trillium heaven where you can spot so many and the girls always love to see how many they can find. 
We did end up having one 70 degree day and Baylor took full advantage of the warm weather and ran through the sprinkler for a little bit. She now often asks me to do it again but we still are patiently for another warm enough day. She loved it so much and wants summer!
The girls got a pet for their room and they love them so much. There is a family in our ward that will be moving next month and she asked me who I thought would like their fish tank. It was small enough for the space that we have and so we were so happy to take it off their hands. We surprised the girls and they love it. They are two glo fish and Baylor named hers Pinky and Paige named hers Mango.

The other picture is the amazing tower that Nate helped the girls build.
My entire world in one picture- I'm so lucky and incredibly blessed to have these three in my life!
I got to volunteer and go on Paige's first ever field trip. She did go on some field trips in preschool but since she has started "real" school she has never gone on a field trip due to switching schools and Covid. It's sad that she is in 4th grade and has never been on a field trip but this one was worth it and was a lot of fun. They got to watch salmon go from eggs to baby fish in their library for the past few months. They got to observe them and learn things in their classroom all about salmon and their life cycle and then they each got to release one of the salmon on the field trip. The field trip was at Flaming Geyser State Park. Paige sat by me on the ride there and was a little timid but opened up throughout the day. There was a team there that the kids got to learn from the the different areas were learning about beavers, doing an obstacle course mimicking the life cycle of a salmon, looking at the water quality of the water they were releasing their salmon into and seeing all the bugs in that water that their salmon will be able to eat, and they each got to name and release their own salmon into the river. Paige named hers Wavy and it was fun to be a part of her day. We had lunch together and though the weather wasn't the best and we dealt with rain off and on throughout the day it was such a good day. Paige sat with her friends on the way back which I'm glad she did and I'm glad that she let me come and be a part of the field trip.
Just a few snapshots from the past month. Picture one was a day where I was volunteering at Paige's field trip and Nate and Baylor had some fun and Nate made her an astronaut helmet and a box was her rocket shop. Top right is Baylor taking a quick nap while waiting to pick up Paige from school; Bottom right is Paige drawing from one of the favorite spots in the house for the girls.
The end of the month I was able to volunteer for the whole day at Paige's school for their APEX fundraiser event. It was a fun run and so I got to mark t-shirts for every lap that kids went around. It was a lot of fun and it was fun to see kids from the ward and Paige's class since I do art with them. I love seeing Paige at school and it was fun to see her push herself during the run. Though I guess she pushed herself a little too hard since at lunch she had to go to the nurse's office since she got sick to her stomach. It was a fun day for me and the kids. It was a great way to end their leadership fundraiser. The APEX company is great. They get really involved with the kids, teach them leadership skills, and have fun activities and prizes for them. Their last day with the APEX team was Friday and we found out Monday evening that one of the members tragically passed away on Sunday. It has been a rough few days for Paige with the news and with school in general. I'm glad that she got to know this member and he has seemed to have such an amazing influence on so many kids.
April was busy for me in my calling since we had our big annual fundraiser for the year. We sold 80 lasagnas that the youth came together and made one Saturday. It was bit stressful and A LOT of work but they worked well together and went much faster than I thought they would. Then on the 30th we had our lasagna dinner and auction. The few days before were a lot for me and very stressful due to Covid and adding more things to my plate than expected but everything turned out and the day of turned out great. Everything went smoothly and we raised plenty of money to help our youth out so that we can do some fun things this summer. I'm very grateful that it is over. I am ready to not have to think about it, answer lots of questions, and just keep everything straight and organized. It was a big group effort and the youth were awesome through the whole process.
We were able to celebrate Pop's birthday! It is always fun to get together with family.
It is crazy that it is already May and now I can officially say that I'm going to have a baby next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment