Friday, May 6, 2022

Letter N

Another quick week with with very simple activities but she always enjoys them and it is always good to have a focus for her and me during the week to aid in her learning.

Uppercase and lowercase letter N tracing
For the first day her craft was a night time sky. I love how she drew her stars!
Then our second day of preschool was all about nests. I didn't plan this but I thought of this book we have before we did our craft and it is a favorite of Baylor's.
Then she created her own nest. She cut out of the "sticks" and I helped her glue them on the plate. She then drew and cut out the eggs to add to her nest. She wanted to draw lines on the eggs to show they were cracking and about to open up.
Our third day's activity was a noddle craft on a lowercase letter n.
Then for our last day it was all about numbers. I had previously cut out numbers 1-20. I first asked her to tell me the ones that she knew and recognized and she laid out in order 1-10. I then showed her how each of the teens matches up with the numbers 1-10 (1 to 11, 2 to 12, etc.) and we went through those numbers and counted 1-20 a couple of times.
We then each took a turn hiding all the numbers in a room of the house for the other to find. Baylor hid hers much harder than I hid mine and she ended up having to help me find all of hers. :)
Then the craft part was gathering all the numbers up and she glued them on the letter N. I wasn't planning on having her do them in order but she was insistent on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment