Friday, May 13, 2022

Letter O

We did some fun O activities this week!

We started off with our normal uppercase and lowercase letter O tracing.
Then for her craft she made this cute owl. I drew all the pieces and she cut them out and glued them all together.
For our second day she glued on fruit loops on the uppercase and lowercase letter O and did it on orange paper.
Then we made some orange julius. She enjoyed pouring all the ingredients in and was not a fan of the loud blender (bottom right picture). She was willing to taste it and said she liked it but I could tell she wasn't too much of a fan.
Our third day craft was the ocean. She colored all the ocean animals and each got named (Paige, Baylor, Mom, Dad, Baby, Grandma, Poppy, Nona, Pops, and Eliza) and she colored the waves on her paper while I cut out the different pieces and then she glued them in her ocean.
Then for her activity for the day she played in oatmeal. I put some of the fruit loops in to add some O's and color in it. I gave her a wooden spoon, a measuring cup, some measuring spoons, and an extra bowl to pour into. She enjoyed this for quite awhile. I loved listening to her as she stirred, measured, and created all these different foods in her mind. She first said she was going to make pancakes and told me all about the pancakes I made on Valentine's Day that were pink and heart shaped. She asked if pancakes had cereal and oatmeal in them. She would talk about the ingredients she was adding- usually flour, sugar, and salt, and sometimes she would say pepper with a giggle. Then she would say she doesn't like pepper only salt. She thought it was so funny when I would pretend to eat the food she made me. She would talk about how it felt in her hands and loved the texture. I loved listening to her chatter and listening to her count out loud as she measured. It truly is amazing to watch her learn!
Then for our last day she did an octopus craft. She painted her hands and then I helped her add extra legs with her fingers. I then showed her a picture of a real octopus and it's tentacles. She glued on fruit loops on her octopus tentacles and then added the eyes and smile- one is Paige and one is Baylor.
It was a good preschool week!

No comments:

Post a Comment