Saturday, April 24, 2021

Summer Like Days

For about a week and a half we had 80 degree weather and it was glorious. The rain has decided to show up again today so I will be dreaming of those sunny days. We soaked up as much sun every day and had so much fun outside.

One of the days we broke out the kiddie pool for the first time this year. The girls had so much fun with Barbie's, the slide, and splashing each other. Paige even created an obstacle course for Baylor with some water. It was so cute to watch them interact and to see their smiles and laughter.
A different day they played in the sprinklers. There was so much squealing and laughter. It was magical!
I LOVE spring flowers. It just reminds me of new life and that warmer weather is on the way. It makes the earth stunning and it's a way that I feel of God's love for us.
Last Saturday I had a doctor's appointment in Seattle and since it was going to be another gorgeous day we did a few things in the city before heading home. Our first plan was going to the UW Arboretum since I knew all the spring flowers would be in full force but I guess that was everyone else's plan and it was super busy. So my next stop that I wanted to go to was Gas Works Park. It has been on my bucket list for quite awhile and it did not disappoint. The views were simply stunning. There were lots of people on the lake, the view of the skyline was gorgeous, we found some baby ducks, the girls had fun exploring and playing at the park, and we had a nice picnic. It was a fun day with my little family! 
Before heading home since we were only a few minutes away, we stopped to see the Fremont Troll. Paige especially thought it was pretty cool.
One sleepy girl on the ride back home.
Then after dinner we had our first fire of the year and enjoyed some smores.
I already miss the sun and am looking forward to many more sunny day and more more adventures this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment