Saturday, April 3, 2021

Preschool: Easter

We had a fun Easter themed week which included lots of Easter eggs. On Tuesday we started our day off with playing with some playdough. Look at her cute cute Olaf creation on the top picture.
Then for art she painted an Easter egg with a Q-tip.
Our preschool day was very quick on Tuesday and didn't quite go as planned. I had a doctor's appointment and then Eliza came over to play. While they were playing, I worked on a project so our preschool day was cut short. Then the Easter eggs that Baylor picked out from the dollar store we came to realize that you can't crack them open and they are glued shut so what I had planned for our learning time didn't quite go as I wanted. We made the most of it and first she matched the colors up from the eggs we had.
Then we saw how good she was as throwing them into the chair. She had fun with that but I ended up cutting it a little short when I realized glitter was going everywhere and it was probably best to do this kind of thing outside and by this time Paige was done with school and it was lunchtime.
So we ate lunch and went to the library to return some books and pick up our new ones and since it was a gorgeous day we took advantage and for our outdoor time the girls played at the park for about an hour.
Then once we got back home Paige was kind enough to finish up our last preschool activity for the day and she hid the eggs outside for Baylor to find.
Wednesday was a much calmer day so we were able to do our normal schedule. We starting off with coloring some Easter coloring pages I printed off.
Then for art we talked about how bunnies like to hide in the grass. So first she colored her grass and bushes on her paper and then she glued on bunny tails (cotton balls) peeking out from the grass.
Then for music we sang a few songs and we even learned a new one about a bunny hop and she does the cutest little bunny hop.
For learning time we got a big bowl of water and then gathered up some things that could fit in a plastic Easter egg. We then did lots of experimenting. We would first see if the item would float or sink by itself and then we put the item in the egg to see if it would float or sink. She really enjoyed the activity and then ended our learning with a simple I Spy Easter paper that I helped her with and worked on her counting.
We are having such gorgeous weather this week so after we read some books and had lunch, we went and checked out a new park. I have driven by it often and always said that someday I will stop there. The girls loved trying out a new playground and it has a very short trail through the trees that we walked on and then to end our fun outing we stopped and got a Slurpee at 7/11.
Thursday we started off playing with kinetic sand.
Then for art she created a cute Easter chick by painting the yellow feathers with a fork and then I drew the nose and had her cut it out. And to finish it off she drew on its legs.
For learning time I took all the letters of the alphabet and put them in plastic eggs. I hid them all over downstairs and she had to find the eggs and then we opened them and she had to match the tile letter to paper letters that I had cut out. I love that as soon as we got all the tiles out she immediately got out A, Y, B, R, and O. She knows the letters in her name and I helped her find the L. She knows close to half her letters and some of them even surprised me that she knew.
Then for our outdoor time to end our fun preschool week I loaded up the girls' bikes and we drove to a pond in Covington. They rode their bikes while I walked and then they played on the playground there for a little while before heading home.
What a fun week and we are excited for all of our Easter celebrations this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment