Monday, June 26, 2023

First Weekend of Summer Break

School is finally out for summer!!! And the sun finally came out on the weekend so of course I wanted to be out in nature. The past couple of weeks have been very busy and I have felt quite a bit of stress with everything, good and bad stress, and this weekend and these moments in nature as a family soothe my soul and help ground me and feel close to my Father in Heaven and to my family.

Our first outing, we packed a dinner and had a picnic and then explored Flaming Geyser State Park. It is a favorite in our family and will always hold a special place in my heart since it is one of the first places Nate ever took me when I visited him in Washington way back when we were dating.
I think back on Nate and I all those years ago and if only we could see what the future held and that we would get to be parents to these three sweet girls. Life is so sweet and I love the life that we have created together!
Not a fan of her moss beard. :)
After our little hike, we went down to the river. McCall was happy to crawl all over the rocks.
And Baylor was quick to take her shoes off and wade through the water finding rocks and sticks and dirt to play in while Nate and Paige were determined to catch a little fish.
Oh how I love this sweet family of mine!
Then the next day, Nona and Pops joined us for our evening outdoor adventure at Dash Point State Park. We are a beach loving family and being so close to the Sound makes me so happy.
McCall loved it! She was so happy to crawl around on the soft sand.
She was so happy to play in the sand and it was the cutest thing watching her put sand in and out of the bucket. Her sisters were happy to help and play with her.
These two were happy to put their feet in the water, build some sand piles, and soak in the sun.
McCall even got to go in the water and LOVED it!
Her freckles!!!
I live for days like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment