Saturday, June 24, 2023

Elementary School Graduate

 We have had a busy time with all these end of school year celebrations and this past week we got to celebrate Paige graduating from elementary school! I can't believe that next year she will be in middle school. She loved elementary school and is sad to be done, but also is very excited and nervous for middle school. She has had such amazing teachers over the years and has loved all the fun things with elementary school from science projects, art lessons, orchestra, field trips, assemblies, APEX fundraisers, track, field days, and carnivals. Covid did rob her from some school experiences, but it was also memorable to do online learning and wear masks to school. She made it through some really hard times, but also had so many fun and joyous times filled with fun and learning and goodness. She excelled in school and all of her teachers loved having her in their class. She is such a good example, a good student, a good friend, and just an amazingly good person. She always tries her best and is very determined and motivated and I know these skills will help her as she moves onto middle school. We are excited for summer break and some time away from the daily grind and more time together as a family because next school year will be a big transition for our family with Paige going to middle school and Baylor going to kindergarten. I'm going to soak up every minute with my sweet girls! They are growing up way too fast and I'm so grateful that I get to be a part of every moment.

~Graduation~
One of her most favorite things she did this year was orchestra and it is because of these two awesome teachers in the left picture that made it such an amazing experience. She is continuing on with orchestra and doing it next year in middle school. Then she had an awesome teacher (picture on the right) this year and loved 5th grade and it is for sure because of Ms. Julius.
Three amazing friends! I'm grateful that these two get to go to middle school with Paige next year. There are very few going to her middle school because of the boundaries and I'm so happy that these two live in the right spot to be with Paige. I feel the Lord's hand in this and that she became friends with them so that the transition to middle school is a little easier.
Congratulations Paige! We are so proud of you and all that you have accomplished and learned during your time in elementary school!
Pictures like these are what make me want to cry and wonder how the times goes by so fast. I saw a friend post about her daughter growing up and her words resonated with me. She said I don't know whether to cry because it's gone by so fast or give her a hug and watch, in wonder, as her life unfolds, grateful to be a part of it. I feel this so much for all  of my girls especially with moments like this. 

First day and last day of elementary school.
Kindergarten
1st Grade
2nd Grade
3rd Grade
4th Grade
5th Grade
I'm so grateful for you Paige Canova Smith! I'm so grateful that I get to watch you grow, learn, and become. You are beautiful inside and out and you will be a light of kindness and goodness in middle school. I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment