Thursday, October 14, 2021

Adventures & Everyday Moments

I have kept up with my preschool blog posts but I haven't posted about some of the fun everyday moments that I have captured on our phones and some of the fun weekend adventures that we have done. This is pretty much my journal so I love to post as much as I can so down the road I can look back on this part of my life.

Paige set up a cute photo shoot with her cute little model.
We have to get to the school pickup line pretty early because I like to be towards the front of the line so that we can get out of there quickly once it gets moving. So Baylor and I have lots of time in the car. I have brought some books to read and Baylor just crawls all over the place and one of her favorite things to do is that I open the sun roof and she sticks her head out to see the buses come in and see all the cars. It is pretty entertaining when she does this and then sings at the top of her lungs. :)
More car selfies to pass the time.
Just some other fun moments: top left- a surprise selfie from one gorgeous daughter who is growing up WAY too fast; top right- Paige's play dough creations; bottom left- watching conference while playing with little people and some of my favorite moments from conference weekend with my sweet family are that I have candy for certain words and there was one talk that said all four words multiple times in his talk and the girls were in heaven, Baylor loved it whenever they said Jesus Christ since she got an M&M, cinnamon rolls and sausage balls for Sunday, and when Elder Renlund got up to talk, Baylor said, "It's Poppy!"; bottom right- Baylor's sweet face after eating a little ice cream cone
Nate hooked up his Nintendo after years and the girls loved playing Mario Kart.
Top two pictures are some cute mustache stickers for two cute girls; I went to my first high school football game here and it was fun but very eye opening. I went to watch 2 of my young women cheer and it brought back lots of memories for Nate. Bottom left picture we grilled some chicken kabobs and veggies for the first time and it turned out so good; bottom right picture is we got some pet frogs that we caught and one of them was Houdini and got out of the cage and I had to catch it and put in back in and anyone that knows me knows that I don't like creepy thing and it doesn't help that frogs jump. I finally got it caught in a container but then he jumped away and so I was scrambling while it was trying to find a hideout under our dining room table. Lets just say there was lots of squealing! :) And the last bigger picture was Baylor's first time going to primary in person. It has been a major adjustment for her and she still has not gone to class by herself though she will go to singing time since Paige is in there.
One beautiful weekend we hiked at one of our favorite places- Franklin Falls. This first picture makes me laugh because it was the first stairs that we got to on the hike and as soon as Baylor saw them she excitedly yelled, "Stairs!" She loves stairs when we hike which is funny and I was so proud of her. This hike is a mile there and a mile back and she hiked the whole thing.
Such a fun and gorgeous hike!
We made it to the falls!
On labor day we went to Black Diamond for their annual parade. We went with Margaret and Anna and Scott's family. It was so nice since we haven't been to one for awhile due to Covid. It felt like a sense of normalcy. Baylor was not impressed with the loud sounds and smell of one group that spun their tires and they were screeching but she sure loved picking up candy.
Another outing we did was to check something off Nona's bucket list was go see the Neely-Soames Historic Homestead in downtown Kent. It is a gorgeous house with beautiful grounds. I wish it was open to go see inside. There was a fun playground nearby that we enjoyed a picnic at.
Next outing was going to walk on the long boardwalk at Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. Next time we go, we need to for sure go at high tide when there is water under the boardwalk but it was a beautiful day and a lot warmer than planned. We saw squirrels, lots of of woolly bear caterpillars, and the girl's favorite were lots of frogs. 
Baylor found the courage to hold a frog for the first time and loved it and was a little rough with them and did not want to leave them there.
The first part of August one of my really good friends Judy that I grew up with came to visit me! I haven't seen her in years and it was soo good to catch up with her. We went to Ivar's for lunch and then went and saw Snoqualmie Falls and walked down to the river. We had dinner at our home and Baylor really had fun with her and referred to her as mom's friend. In the morning we went to the Black Diamond Bakery for some donuts for breakfast before she was on her way. It was so amazing to see her even if it was short! I hope she comes again.
This past weekend we took all day Saturday and explored Bainbridge Island. Our first stop was to the Bainbridge Gardens to see their pumpkin walk. It was a pretty busy day and they had some other stuff going on so there were more people compared to last so I felt a little rushed but it was still really fun and there are some amazingly talented people out there. One year we will have to paint our own pumpkins to add to the walk.
My only plan was the Gardens so after that we just stopped when something caught my eye and it was a cold day but it was so fun. Our next stop was Hawley Cove Park. There are just a few parking spots on the road and then you walk through a forest and on a board walk out to the water which is right next to the ferry terminal. Where this park was located it was super windy which made it even more cold but it is always nice to see and hear the water and we watched a ferry got out while we explored.
Next stop was a Labyrinth. It is a cool maze to walk around all the different bends and this one has all sorts of cool things hidden within the maze.
Then after that we stopped at Pritchard Park which has an incredible view of the water and the Seattle skyline. Nate found a couple of crabs and there was some sand that the girls liked to draw in with some driftwood.
Then we stopped to see the Bainbridge Island Japanese American Exclusion Memorial. It is a memorial to those Japanese Americans that were forced to leave during WWII to go into camps. It is really hard to read their stories and they had such a short time to gather their things and take care of their business before being forced by gun onto a boat not knowing where they were going or how long they would be gone. There are some powerful lessons that we can learn from history even the hard moments like this. It makes me want to have more compassion and love for all those around me.
Then we made a quick stop at a playground to kill some time before getting on the ferry. We went to this playground last year when we came here and Paige remembered it and it was a must on her list to see again. It started to rain while we were there but was still fun.
This ferry ride was one to remember. There were what seemed like hundreds of youth all dressed in homecoming dress on the ferry going to Seattle and we went when it was starting to get dark. It was freezing outside but I stayed out there most of the time because the view was INCREDIBLE! The lights of the city were starting to turn on. At some point there were a few fireworks near one of the stadiums. The ferry terminal is right by the ferris wheel which was all lit up so that was also a really cool sight to see.
I love our outdoor adventures that we do as a family! The outings and the time with my family feed my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment