Saturday, August 11, 2018

Fruit and Fun

 We have been enjoying all sorts of fruits from the garden- strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries and now it is blackberry season and we love it! We have gone picking a couple of times and have enjoyed eating them all sorts of ways.
I also got a box of peaches from a lady in the ward and so I did some canning too. I canned some peaches, made blackberry peach jam, and also canned some blackberry pie filling. I also made some fruit smoothie mixes. I froze all the different fruit I had and then divided them up into bags.
I also made some blackberry peach cobbler that was so good. We also love blackberries on vanilla ice cream and with some leftover blackberry pie filling we enjoyed on a jello cheesecake. So many good desserts and probably too much!
Here's just a few more pictures from my phone of the two cutest girls and some of the daily things we do.
 Cupcake headband- Paige has the most incredible imagination and can create anything with paper.
 Baylor kept busy "flossing" Paige's teeth while I fed her.
 Then this past week Paige wanted a spa day so we started by washing each other's feet and rubbing lotion on them, then Paige painted our nails and we ended with putting cucumbers on our eyes. It was a fun little thing to do with Paige. Baylor slept for part of it and then she was entertained finding anything she could under my chair.
I'm going to miss Paige when she starts back up to school. It will be really quiet with just Baylor and me. I want summer to last forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment