Friday, August 31, 2018

Back to School: 1st Grade

 Paige is now a 1st grader! How is she growing up so fast? I wish she would stay little forever and be home with me as this sweet, little girl forever. I will miss her so much when she goes back to school. I love having her around and I have loved summer break with both girls home and being on our own time table. At the end of last school year, I informed the school district of our change of address and I waited all summer to hear back from them. I was hoping to keep her at the same school since we may be switching again once Nona and Pops gets back on their mission and I was hoping to not keep switching her around. I got a phone call in the afternoon the day before school started that I couldn't keep her at the school from last year and had to put her in a different one. Nate went and talked to the school and I went to the district office and ended up in tears there trying to figure out what was going on and why was it so last minute. I still really don't know what happened but I had to quickly get her registered at the new school. The office people at the new school were very helpful and I am glad that her teacher still happened to be there so Paige got to see her classroom and meet her new teacher the day before school started so it wasn't all new and overwhelming on the first day of school. I am still trying to tell myself that this is all for the best and everything will work out and that she will have a great school year. Everything is new for her so she is a bit scared but the first day went well and she has an amazing teacher.

About Paige as a 1st grader:
Favorite Color: Teal
Favorite Food: Chicken Crescents
Favorite Treat: Cupcakes
Favorite Thing We Did This Summer: Fun Week with Cousins and Going to the Aquatic Center
One Thing That I Love: Baylor
What I Want To Be When I Grow Up: Teacher

A few days before school started we did our tradition of a back to school photo shoot. I love doing this and I am grateful that I have these pictures that I get to cherish for years to come. Paige picked out what outfits to wear from her new school clothes and she also picked out a few school related props.

She is becoming one beautiful little lady and is looking so grown up in some of these pictures. I love seeing her grow but it is happening way too fast.
 Onto a new school year, a new school, and new adventures. I know you will do awesome Paige! I love you so much!

Nate left her a whole bunch of notes on her first day so she had all these positive things to read in the morning while she got ready for school. 
 All ready to go!
 At the school they had a red carpet and lot of staff were out with noise makers and bubbles and giving everyone high fives. It was all pretty exciting! I took Paige to her classroom and helped her get settled. She wanted me to stay for two minutes while I watched her color. She then gave me a big hug and I left. She did really well and I know with time will get used to everything and will have a great year.
You got this Paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment