Friday, August 26, 2022

Two Months

Happy two months little one! Time truly is a thief and I want to just soak in every moment with this little baby. She is the sweetest thing and I love having her snuggled up to me and I always say she is just the cutest thing ever.

Two month update:
  • She is 9 lbs 13 oz (11th percentile) and 22.72" (55th percentile)- My tallest baby yet so maybe she got the Peterson gene for height instead of the Smith one
  • She smiles more and more each day and we all live for her cute baby smiles. She gives you the biggest grins when you talk to her especially in the mornings. She gives the most smiles to her sisters and she even has started to give little laughs. 
  • She has found her voice this past month and will "talk" to you when she is happy and it is the cutest little sound. I love everything about her little happy voice and her squeals of delight. She has also found her voice more when she is hungry or tired and lets you know. The funniest is when she is crying and I pick her up to go feed her and then I have to set her down for a second to grab something and she will give me such an angry cry like how dare you put me down when I thought you were going to feed me.
  • She is great at breastfeeding. During the day it is about every 2-3 hours, though mostly 3 hours. At night I usually feed her between 8 and 9 and then she will sleep until 2 which is a great stretch of sleep for me. Then she wakes up to feed again around 5 or 6 and then will nap next to me until 8 or 9 and then we are up for the day. She usually naps in my arms or in her swing depending on the day. There is no schedule and I just listen to her cues.
  • She loves the bath and to take showers with Dad. 
  • She loves people and doesn't like to be left by herself when she is awake. 
  • She has rolled over a few time from her belly to her back when we are doing tummy time. It isn't consistent but she has done it a handful of time. She is getting really good at holding her head up when she is on her tummy.
  • She is great at traveling and is content when she is in the car and going from place to place in her car seat. She has to go with the flow being the third child and so far is great with it.
  • She loves to be outside and if she is upset and we aren't sure what is wrong, taking her outside always calms her down.
Snuggles and Smiles all around
I love my morning snuggles with her. I love to stare at her sweet sleeping face and hold her little hand. I love once she wakes up and having our little conversations together with her happy morning smiles.
Picture on Left: Towel bundle after her bath; Picture on Right: Her binky is constantly popping out and the girls get tired of having to keep putting it in so Paige created a binky holder with pipe cleaners. She had one that wrapped around her head and then folded down and connected to a piece of dried up play dough and fits in the outside binky hole.
She has had a couple of doctor appointments this week. At her two week appointment, I was told to have an ultrasound of her hips since she was breech the majority of the pregnancy and had what I referred to froggy legs. I got the ultrasound done on Monday and she did really good at it. She slept the entire time so it went very quickly. I found out the results that evening and her left hip is good and her right hip is slightly immature. I then had her two month well child check up today and talked with her doctor a little more about the results. The top of her femur bone isn't quite aligned into the hip socket and I was told it most likely will heal on its own. I will have to make an appointment with a pediatric orthopedic who will monitor it more. I asked what the worse case scenario would be and she said if it doesn't heal on its own she will have to wear a brace around her hips for 12 weeks. Everything else looked good at her check up though she did not like her shots at all. She was quite happy and giving the nurse smiles and talking to her and then she got the shot and her face got all red and she was angry and sad crying. It was the saddest little cry and it almost made me cry. I just cuddled her close until she calmed down enough to get her back in her car seat to go home.
Oh how I love this sweet little baby girl! She is such the perfect addition to our family and is SO loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment