Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August Doings

I always like to post about the little things that bring me happiness and joy. We really have to find happiness in the mundane moments of life because our lives are pretty full of mundane, everyday moments where especially for me it can feel like you are just going through the motions and sometimes you feel like you do the same things every day, but if we look for the little moments that bring a smile to our faces it can make life that much sweeter. 

The beginning of the month, my cousin, Mandy, and her daughter, Cora, came to visit. I haven't seen them in years and I'm so glad that she reached out to me when she was coming this way so we could catch up. We had dinner together and we took them out on the lake so they could kayak. They ended up needed to spend the night so we got a little extra time with them. The girls especially Baylor warmed up to them pretty quick and they were both happy to play with my girls.
Throughout the summer we did Ready, Set, Play for the city of Covington. We have done this for many years and love it. We do little activities at home and then go to local businesses to collect badges. We finished up last week and got the final prize which included a free kids meal to Chick Fil A, swim passes, a free Crumbl Cookie, a water bottle, and some other fun things.
We went to Covington's Kid Fest one Saturday. Nate had to work and so we went and saw him and spent a lot of time there- more than I planned since there was so many people but the girls had fun and Baylor even talked to a little girl when standing in line which is so unlike her. Paige sat in the police car, the girls got to go through the petting zoo, Paige held a lizard and pet a huge tortoise, we went on a train ride, and went through the vendors and collected some prizes.
Both my girls loves to draw and spend quite a bit of time doing arts and crafts. I really love the way Baylor draws people. It is the cutest thing.
Baylor drew the unicorn at church on the left and a portrait of Paige on the right. 
For my scripture study for Come Follow Me, I watch Don't Miss This to and it has been the best thing for me to add to my studies. I highly recommend watching or listening to them. They add such great insight and have helped me see the scriptures in a totally different way than I ever have. This past summer they had a summer of heroes that we did together as a family. Each week they had about 5 heroes from that week's reading. We would watch small increments of the video each day and the girls took turns taping the heroes on the door. I don't know how much Baylor got out of it but I felt that Paige enjoyed them and we all learned a little more about the Old Testament heroes that we had before. 
Paige did Baylor's hair one day and it was so cute even with the weird smile.
Baylor loves McCall's hands. She is constantly kissing, grabbing, and holding her hand and it is pretty cute though sometimes she can be a little rough.
Nate and usually Paige go to the messy store (Goodwill Outlet) almost every Friday. They love to go thrifting together and each find their own treasures and then they come home and we all sit down together to look over the treasures that they found. Baylor is very impatient with the showing and just wants to see what treasures they found her. They found a cute shrinky dink fairy set and the girls had fun doing them one night.
Paige calls McCall squirt and we had a Squirt bottle of soda and so she took the wrapping off and made this cute little card for McCall. Look close at the nutrition facts. :)
McCall and I went to church for the first time in August and I had three matching girls and it was the sweetest thing. I am so grateful for these three and that I get to be their mom!
I just love my baby snuggles. I could just kiss her cute cheeks and stare at her sweet face all day.
How did I get so lucky? They truly make my life more sweet and complete. I cannot imagine life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment