Friday, February 18, 2022

Valentine's Day & Sun

We love holidays in our home! January was a very LONG month and we were ready for some fun and excitement. Starting February 1st, the girls had a punch board that each cup was filled with little candies and some stamps that they took turns until Valentine's Day. Nate and I wrote on some hearts for each of the girls of things we love about them and each day I would add a heart to their door leading up to Valentine's Day. Both girls were excited for the day to finally arrive. Paige had a Valentine's party at school and the girls were showered with gifts and Paige gave us all Valentine's and sweet notes. She is very thoughtful with her words and she even helped Baylor make some Valentine's for us. We had a candlelit dinner of spaghetti, heart cheesy bread, and some pink Jell-O. It was a good day filled with lots of love!
I made pink heart-shaped chocolate chip pancake for the girls for breakfast. For some reason I did not inherit the gene from my mom and grandma who can create any shape for the kids with pancake batter and I cannot create decent looking shapes for the life of me.
We have finally had some nice weather where I feel like spring is in the air. I have quite a few spring flowers starting to sprout and Anna gave me some primroses to plant and I absolutely love them. The flowers bring me such joy and I love the signs of spring and that warmer days are ahead. 
One Saturday we had almost 60 degree weather which was so nice and we went on a treasure hunt and found 3 geocaches with Nona in the woods across from the park. They were all really fun to find and I always love a good geocache. Paige really got into it and loved holding the phone to see how close we were and then we all worked together to find the exact location of the cache. 
I'm looking forward to more spring weather and more warm days out in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment