Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mini-Vacation

 We decided to do an overnight mini-vacation before Nate started working again. For the past few years I have wanted to go see the tulips in Skagit Valley and so I planned our trip around that. It was such beautiful weather for the two days and I loved soaking up all the sun.

Our first stop was lunch at Jennings Park in Marysville. It is a beautiful little park with some old log cabins, a great park/playground, a beautiful garden and fish pond. 

Paige learned how to hopscotch and loved it.
In the garden Paige loved to point out every single different flower.
 The pond had a ton of little tiny fish and huge tadpoles.
 Next stop was Tulip Town. As we were driving to it there are a few other large tulip fields and once I saw the first one I was pretty excited. This is the main tulip field that people go to. It was SO beautiful!
 Lots of lots of beautiful tulips=lots and lots of pictures
 During our whole trip she kept doing this head tilt for pictures. It was cute and funny.
 We next went up to Bellingham and checked into our hotel. The hotel was Paige's favorite part of the whole trip. She loved the "alligator" (elevator), her own big bed, the swimming pool, and just staying somewhere new.
As soon as we got to our room she set up her bed with the stuffed animals she brought.
A little girl in a big bed- she loved it!
 Then it was time for swimming.
 We went out to eat and then just relaxed in the hotel and watched Survivor. We slept in the next morning and missed the breakfast. I had packed a little pack of donuts and had go-gurts so that is what Paige and I had for breakfast in our hotel room.
 The next day we drove to Bowman Bay which is right next to Whidbey Island where we spent most of our day.
 We saw a couple of beaches throughout the day and Paige loved finding lots of different rocks and my pockets were full of rocks every time we got back in the car.
 She gets her love of exploration from her daddy.
 Then we drove to Whidbey Island by driving over this big scary bridge. It has an incredible view and is incredibly high. I walked over half of the bridge and Nate and Paige met me on the other side. There is no way Nate would have walked over it with his fear of heights. It was pretty scary to walk over. The walkway is pretty narrow and if you fell on one side it was a LONG way down to the water and the other side is a busy road where you could get hit by a car. I was good until I had to pass someone. I am glad I did it though. Every so often I had to stop and take in the beautiful view. 
 We then went to Fort Casey which is an old World War II fort and we spent quite a bit of time there just exploring and looking around.
 More of the head tilt. :)
 There were some very scary, dark corridors that I would not explore and only go into a few feet. It was super spooky and creepy!
 There is a lighthouse near the fort and so we headed over to it and got to climb to the top.
 Then we walked down and explored the beach there.
 We drove down the rest of the island and drove onto a ferry to ride it across back to the mainland.
It was such a fun little vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment