Saturday, April 9, 2016

Letter A

 Nate started back to work this past week so I decided that I wanted to do preschool activities with Paige each week. I want to do a letter per week and do crafts and activities based on the letter of the week. Most of the crafts and activities take like 10-15 minutes. I know it is simple but it is a good project for me to work on and helps me have things to do with Paige. She knows all of the capital letters so I wanted to work more on her recognition of the lower case letters. Also thank goodness for Pinterest where I got most of my ideas!

Our first weeks worth of activities for the letter A.

Our first activity is she helped cut out and glue the lower case a to make this apple out of it.
Then we did a counting activity with the apple. We used chocolate chips as the apple seeds and we had dice  to roll to know how many seeds to put in the apple. We started with one dice and then went to two which helped in her adding skills.
 Then she came up with game where we put all the seeds on the apple and then we rolled it and you had to take off that many seeds and eat them. :)
 The next day she glued Apple Jacks on the upper and lower case letter a. There was a little coloring on one of the pictures that she colored.
 Then we did some tracing and seeing how she was at writing the lower and uppercase letter A. I am not really a fan of paperwork or homework for preschool aged kids. I want to focus on doing things that just start with the letter and see how things in her world start with certain letters. But I want her to be able to write the letters and recognize them and Paige loves to write. Almost everyday she writes the letters she knows on note cards and is constantly giving everyone notes that she has written.
 Another day she made an alligator out of the upper case A. She cut out the circle eyes and teeth and glued it all together.
 On Thursday we had a busy day where we were gone most of the day so when Nate got home from work he made some paper airplanes to fly.
 It was all fun and games until Nate threw one of the airplanes on the roof of the house. Paige was so concerned about it so we got the ladder out and as soon as I threw it back on the ground she immediately took it inside so it was safe.
 Then today for our final activity for the letter A we made homemade applesauce. It turned out really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment