Monday, October 20, 2014

Coffee Filter Pumpkins

 Today we did a very fun activity for our Halloween list. We made coffee filter pumpkins. I looked online to know how to do this because I had never heard of this before. I found two ways of doing this activity and we tried both.

The first way is do food colored water and use a medicine dropper (we used a syringe) onto the coffee filter.
I think this way would work good but I think I used too much water and not enough food coloring.
 The next way which worked great for us was to color the coffee filter with markers. This way Paige got to use all sorts of colors and got to be more creative.
 Then you spray the masterpiece with a water. It was funny because I explained to Paige that the colors bleed when you spray them with the water. After we were done coloring Paige said "Mommy are you going to make yours bleed." She has such a good memory and she amazes me everyday with her vocabulary.
 Letting them dry out.
 After dinner tonight they were all dried out so we cut out pieces to make the faces for our jack-o-lanterns. Paige loves to cut paper. So while I was cutting the shapes out she enjoyed cutting snips in a paper.
 Then I did one to show Paige an example and then I put glue on each piece and she put them on the rest of the pumpkins.
 She is such a cute, sweet, and fun little girl.
Showing off her great work. I thought it was interesting that I made two mouths that were smiling but she put both of them upside down.
 She did one with Nate tonight and we will hang them all up in a window tomorrow.
It was a lot of fun and Paige really enjoyed the crafty activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment