Thursday, October 10, 2013

Conference Weekend

 Conference weekend was a nice relaxing weekend spent enjoying being outside and enjoying being with family.
Saturday in between conference sessions we all loaded up in the van with my parents and Sharolyn and drove up Wolverine Canyon. My dad wanted to go on a 13 mile run in preparation for a half marathon he is running in a couple months and the rest of us enjoyed the beautiful outdoors.
Sharolyn and I hiked up part of this mountain. Maybe if you click on the picture you can see two small white dots just to the left and below the peak on the right side of the picture.
There was a small cave that was a shorter distance so Nate and Paige and I walked up to it and took some pictures.
We would stop every so often and let my dad run by us and give him some water.
Then on Sunday in between session we drove up to Rigby and enjoyed lunch with my Grandma and Grandpa Walker and then we went and visited with Grandpa Peterson for a little bit. It is always nice to visit with my grandparents.
The apple trees at my Grandpa Peterson's house were loaded so we decided to pick some of them.
In my family we enjoyed playing cross-country croquet which is playing croquet where the course goes all over and you have obstacles to deal with. So Sunday evening it was really nice out so we decided to play. We can get competitive in our family so it can get pretty interesting.
 I won! During the game I told Derek that he wouldn't be able to catch me so he got pretty competitive but I still won and enjoyed rubbing it in.

1 comment:

  1. Buff- The picture of the fence and barbed wire looks professional!! Whoever took/edited that could pass as a pro! :)

    ReplyDelete