Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Adventure for the Day

 Yesterday we traveled up to Bellingham to visit Margaret's sister and her husband. It was a really nice visit and that was Nate and I's first time being to their house and also it was my first time meeting Uncle Al. We didn't think about taking pictures until after we had left but we should have. Oh well. Then we decided to travel over to Whidbey Island. The trip up seemed really long but on the way back with all our little stops it seemed a lot faster and we enjoyed our little day adventure.

Our first stop after Aunt Christine and Uncle Al's place was the Sound. I love seeing the water and I enjoyed having Nate turn over rocks and seeing a ton of little crabs scatter even though it was a bit creepy/crawly to me also.
Paige was much braver than I and enjoyed touching the crab and even held it in her hand with me jumping around like a little girl if she dropped it near my feet.
 And of course Paige loved throwing rocks into the water and wherever we went if she could find rocks her cute little hands would be full of them.
 Then we drove over to Whidbey Island and you drive over this crazy high bridge called Deception Pass. We parked on the other side and Nate and I walked on some of it. It was super high and super scary and when Nate saw how scared I was he got even more scared and wouldn't go any farther.
Here is a picture of the bridge that I found online so you can kinda see how high it was but truly this picture doesn't do justice.
 Then we headed over to Fort Casey. It was a military fort used during World War I and it was really neat to walk around and also kind of creepy mostly because it had dark halls and rooms and Nate and Margaret enjoyed making creepy, scary, echo noises at my expense.
Nate saw these holes and thought it would make a good picture and after Nate and I were done Paige decided that she wanted her own picture in it. It was cute to see her try and back up into it.
 Another view of the fort- it is right on the water front and when you get on top of the fort it was an amazing view.
 She enjoyed being out of the car and able to explore on her own.
 Right next to Fort Casey is this lighthouse. I was kind of sad that it closed at 5 because we got there after that and this is a lighthouse that you can explore the inside and climb to the top of it. (But I guess that just means I will have to go back to it and maybe bring my mom since she loves lighthouses.)
 We then walked down and watched and listened to the waves.
 On our way out we saw a doe and her two babies- it was cute to see the little ones prancing.
 Then we drove down to the bottom of Whidbey Island and got onto a ferry to cross back over to the mainland.
 We all enjoyed our short little ride over the water.
 Tired little girl- she is a good little traveler and we had so much fun on our little adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment