Friday, September 9, 2022

Preschool

Where did my little Baylor go? She is getting so big and she is now in her words going to a "new preschool at a different house." Preschool is expensive around here and I looked up different options at the first of the year. The one that I'm having Baylor go to is someone in our stake and she runs the preschool out of her home. We visited it and Baylor didn't want to leave which was a good sign. I decided to have her be a drop-in. So when there is an absence in one of the classes, I get a text and the teacher asks if I would like Baylor to go to it and I just pay for the classes she attends. She is older for her age so I'm not too worried academically but more the social part and getting used to being away from mom for a few hours and getting over separation anxiety. I also didn't want too much of a schedule with a new baby and this allows me to accept times that work for me and my schedule and I don't feel so tied down and not quite as busy. We are looking forward to this new step and Baylor is super excited about it.

Here is all about Baylor as a Preschooler:
Favorite Color: Pink
Favorite Food: Eggs & Toast & Chicken Crescents
Favorite Treat: Brownie
Favorite Thing We Did This Summer: When Grandma & Poppy Came to Visit, Baby Being Born, and the Beach
One Thing I Love: Blankies & Little Girl (McCall)
What I Want To Be When I Grow Up: A Mom So I Can Cook All the Dinners & Lunches

The day we took these pictures, Baylor was excited to have her turn taking back to school pictures but she was also acting weird with them so a lot of the pictures she didn't want to show her teeth when she smiled and was making weird poses. Oh well! Fitting for her at this stage though. :)
Oh how I love these two! Paige has been the best extra teacher to Baylor and the playhouse in the backyard has been a school so Baylor is extra ready for preschool.
I had a very quiet couple of hours. I had to get a few things from Walmart and the trip was quick especially since I only had one kid with me verse all three. Then most of the time I sat on the couch with a sleeping baby on me while I did some scripture study and watched the Don't Miss This Video for this week's Come Follow Me. It went by quick and I felt like I was in and out of the car a lot with both Paige and Baylor's school pick up and drop offs. It was a really good day and they both had great first days.
When I dropped Baylor off, I could tell she was a little hesitant. She had a tight grip on my hand but let the teacher take her hand and lead her into the house. No tears or anything. I think going to primary at church has helped this process and I know she will do great. I know she will be quiet but hopefully with time she will open up more and her teacher and classmates can see the fun, silly side of Baylor. She was all smiles when I picked her up and looked so cute with a necklace and crown that she made for her first day. She was quite talkative afterwards and I got quite a bit of details out of her which was nice compared to Paige where getting the details out of her is a struggle. She loved the playground and the time she got to play outside and loved the pink car that she got to ride. She told me all about making her bead necklace and how they each got their own little jar of beads and that other kids spilled theirs and it was a mess but she was extra careful and didn't spill any of hers. :) She told me that her teacher taught them a new song but she couldn't remember it and that her teacher had a Pete the Cat stuffed animal which she thought was pretty cool. She also told me that for snack time they all had to wash their hands and they got fruit snacks and goldfish and that she ate all her fruit snacks but only a few goldfish. I loved listening to her talk away and she asked if she could go the next day. It will probably be long waits for her between classes but I'm so glad that she loves it and I know it will be a great experience for her and prepare her a little  more for kindergarten.
Happy first official day of preschool and the start of your school experiences Baylor! I'm excited to see you grow and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment