Sunday, September 18, 2022

Blessing Day

                                                                   Blessing Day
September 4, 2022
It was a day filled with love and lots of family. This little girl is loved so much and has so many people that love and adore her. It is always so sweet to see your own child surrounded in a circle of men that love her and honor their priesthood. My parents were here for her special weekend. Nate's brother, Mike, surprised us and drove the three hours from his house early in the morning to make it in time for church and drove back the same day. That was so kind of him and meant a lot to us. Another memorable thing for us is that our neighbor Melanie that has been another grandma for our girls that is not a member of our Church was willing to come and be part of her blessing. That was a pretty neat thing to experience. It was truly such a great day!

Nate gave McCall a beautiful blessing and some of the things that were mentioned were that she would continue to be a light and joy to others and her family, have a strong testimony of her Savior, that she would cling to the gospel and be able to discern from right and wrong, that she would have the desire to help other, and that she would continue to learn and grow throughout her life, and that one day she would find someone to marry that has her same beliefs and that they would have a temple marriage.
With McCall being the third child, I have been much busier. I made Paige's blessing dress months before she was born and I altered a dress for Baylor also before she was born. I wasn't really sure what I would do for McCall and knew I wouldn't have time to make a dress. I had the thought that I could buy one but then my mom suggested that she wear mine. I never really thought of it but it will be nice to have someone to pass that dress down to and I found out that my Grandma Walker made the dress for me so it has even more sentimental value especially since right now my Grandma is not doing well and won't be with us for much longer.
All of the family who was there for McCall's special day.
I'm so grateful for this sweet family of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment