Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Bulletin Boards & Art

I loved volunteering at Paige's school this year more than I have in the past. I was able to help out with some events at the school and go on her field trip with her. 

I have been doing the PTA bulletin board for a couple years now and I love it. It is only once a month or so and is a creative outlet for me. This year I didn't do it every month but as much I could even with the school shutting down to volunteers for  a couple of months in the winter.

The first one for the year-September
October- Book Fair Plug
November- Grateful for the Staff at the school- When I printed out the leaves, I realized I made them all face the same way. This wasn't the original plan but it worked out just fine.
December- Acts of Kindness
This is when the break happened and I think this bulletin board was for mid-March to April. This one was my most favorite one I did this year. I loved how the flowers turned out!
This one was for the end of the year- May to June and was a plug for the carnival.
This year Paige's class didn't have an art docent and I asked Paige if she wanted art in her classroom this year. Of course she said yes so she had to accept the fact that her mom would be in the classroom with her and she realized it wasn't all that bad. I had fun being the art docent! Paige's class is very talkative and fun to teach and they always loved to see me since they knew they would be doing something fun. I usually always had a Power Point to teach about an artist and also with instructions of how to do the art project.

Our first art project was a self portrait but they had to make themselves look like Legos. The bottom right one is Paige's. I believe this project was in October or November. We didn't get started right away with school starting and them getting into their schedules and such.
In December, we did this painting one. We talked about the colors on the color wheel and they had to pick 2 colors that are next to each other and then a combination of the two for the middle color. It turned out really pretty though this one was a little messy and took me quite a while to clean up after.
During the break where volunteers weren't allowed on campus, I did do one lesson online and they created zentangles. 

This one was in March or April and we talked about perspective and shadowing. They used oil pastels and blended colors. This one was fun to teach and watch them all make it their own. Paige's is the one on the left with the strawberry on it.
I had to skip a month because of testing but in May we did this one which was also a perspective one. They used their own hands and feet to trace and then created the illusion of their person falling back into something. Paige's is the bottom right one.
And our last one that I did in the beginning of June was a combination lesson of talking about summer and also pointillism. They painted their fire with a Q-tip and only using dots and around their fire they had to write things they wanted to do this summer. It was a fun lesson and a fun way to end the year. Being an art docent is something that I would totally do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment