Friday, June 4, 2021

May

The 1st of May we moved! It is just a few houses down from Dale and Margaret's and is perfect for us right now. We are renting and love having our own space. We still see Nona and Pops almost every day. The girls LOVE the play house in the back yard. The moving process was hard on me. I think I cried almost every day for about a week. It was overwhelming and I don't like to live in clutter. Now that we are settled, I feel much more at peace and we are loving it here.
The yard is established and is so gorgeous. We have been enjoying all the spring flowers and spending time in our yard.
One nice weekend we went to Dash Point at low tide. It was super busy but the nice thing about  low tide at Dash Point is there is so much space. We loved playing in the sand and soaking up the sun.
Baylor is my little sidekick during the day while Paige is at school. We have been enjoying doing preschool and she loves to sit by me while I read my scriptures. We have recently transitioned to no naps and so occasionally this happens. I was reading and she just fell asleep sitting next to me.
Another evening we had a major rainstorm with some hail and SO much water. The girls loved watching all the rain from the windows and then once it stopped there were puddles to jump in! When Paige was done she literally had to dump water out of her boots.
We had such a nice Memorial Day weekend. We spent lots of time together, did some work on our garden, walked around at the Soos Creek Botanical Gardens, and celebrated our freedoms.
One of my favorite traditions- walking around at Tahoma National Cemetery. It is incredibly humbling and so peaceful. I'm so eternally grateful for those that are willing to sacrifice their time and lives for our freedoms.
Sunday evening we had dinner with Anna and Scott's family and Dale and Margaret out at Flaming Geyser State Park. It was a wonderful evening and the girls love any chance they have to play with cousins.
On Memorial Day, Adam and Chelsea brought their family over to our house for some fun and a BBQ. The best part of the evening was visiting with them and having a little water balloon fight. It was the kids against the dads and it was so fun to watch and see all the smiles and laughter.
I can't believe it is already June! We are looking forward to our summer and all the fun things we are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment