Saturday, May 29, 2021

Preschool: Shapes

We had a fun week filled with lots of shapes. Tuesday we started our day off by playing with finger puppets.
Then I created a Shape Book for her for art. She had to trace the letters for the name of the shape and then trace the shape and then draw her own shape. I think I did a few too many so towards the end I traced the name of the shape for her.
I think it is funny how her own drawing of shapes all look very similar. Her star is unique and kind of looks like a flower. I love that is how in her mind was how to draw the star. Then her cute little self portrait at the end is way too adorable! I love the squared off hair on top.
For music time we sang some songs and one of her favorites is to sing "If You're Happy and You Know It" but doing things with her kitty.
For learning time I had different shapes all cut out. We first talked about each one to see if she knew all of them. Then I would tape a shape on her back and describe it to her and she would have to guess what shape was on her back. She loves doing this kind of activity and got all of them right. Afterwards we laid them out and she told me what color and what shape each one was.
For outdoor time the girls walked their "pets" around the yard.
Wednesday we started off coloring with stencils.
Then for art she created a shape mosaic. I cut out all the shapes before we started and she got to glue them on however she wanted.
For music she did some ribbon wand dancing.
For learning time I put different objects in a bag that were the shapes we had been talking about. She would close her eyes and have to feel the object then guess what shape it was. Her favorite one was a little triangle at the end- a chocolate kiss!
To end our learning time we used shape cookie cutters to cut out some jigglers.
For learning time, Baylor got some extra schooling from teacher Paige in the play house.
Thursday's first activity was playing Spot it- one of Baylor's favorite games to play. She is so quick at finding the match.
Then we used stamp markers to decorate some shapes for art.
We used the star from art for music to sing "Twinkle Little Star."
For learning time I put some large shapes on the ground. I would sing to the tune of "Mulberry Bush," "do you have the triangle, the triangle, the triangle? Can you see the triangle? Please got and get it." I did this song for each shape. She thought this was so fun. She would listen intently and then a big smile on her face when she was getting the shape. Then we each took turns hiding the shapes and finding them.
For our outdoor time we took advantage of the nice weather for the moment to go on a walk. Later in the day we got some really heavy rain and hail. For story time each day we have some shape books that I read but today I decided to let it be Baylor's choice and told her to choose 3 books for me to read instead she brought a whole pile. :)
Only four more weeks of school for Paige which means four more weeks of preschool until we take a break for summer. Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment