Friday, June 4, 2021

Preschool: My Family

Tuesday was a little crazy since Monday was a holiday and Tuesday I had some errands to run but we made some time for preschool throughout the day. Baylor started the preschool day off with cleaning some dishes.
Then for art she drew a picture of her family. I had her trace the words "My Family" and all of our names besides her own.
Then for singing time we started off by singing one of her new favorite songs, "Where is Thumbkin?" and then did a little finger play poem. It went like this: "this is my mother, so sweet and nice (thumb). This is my father, who hugs me twice (pointer). This is my sister, so big and tall (middle). This is me who's still quite small (ring). This is our family, small but great (pinkie). All different sizes in this family."
Then for learning time we waited for Paige to be home so we could do some role playing. We talked about different situations in our family and how to act. We talked about when someone else has a birthday, when a babysitter comes, when a neighbor or friend comes over to visit, when we eat dinner/meal, and when there is a new baby.
She was so sweet with the baby and pretending it was real.
Then the balloon that got blown up for the birthday situation kept her entertained for awhile.
For story time we looked at some of our family photos on Google Photos and talked about them and the stories behind the pictures. It was pretty hot on Tuesday so we enjoyed some pool time for our outdoor play.
Wednesday we started with playing with kinetic sand.
For art I traced her body with chalk and then she colored all of her features.
For music time we sang a new song to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell": My daddy goes to work, my daddy goes to work, heigh ho the derry-o, my daddy goes to work. (other verses: My mommy cooks me food, my sister goes to school, I play with Paige, and my family loves me so.) It must have been catchy because she sang it throughout the day.

For learning time I got the video camera out and recorded her with the microphone and asked her all sorts of questions about her family. She was being pretty shy for the camera but some of her answers were pretty cute. It will be a fun video to look back on over the years.

We read a collection of Bernstein books "All About Family" for story time and waited until after lunch for our outdoor fun.
Wednesday was another hot day so we went to the lake. First lake swim of the year!
Thursday we started off with stamps. She said she was making it for "normal grandma" (that would be my mom who is grandma and my grandma is great grandma which makes my mom normal grandma). 😁
Then for art I had printed off some family pictures and she got to cut them out and make a family picture collage.
Thursday's learning time we took a field trip to go and see Dad at work. We took him a little treat and got to talk with him. Of course it is a bonus that he works at the park so she got to play on the playground too.

No comments:

Post a Comment