Saturday, February 27, 2021

Preschool: Numbers

This week's preschool was pretty simple. Our theme for the week was numbers and we focused on numbers 1-10. On Tuesday, we started off by playing with dominoes. It was mostly just building towers and roads but occasionally I would ask her to count the dots on some of the dominoes.
Then for art I had printed out 10 fish and wrote the numbers 1-10 on each of them. I asked her what the numbers were and then we colored them together. Next we sang a few songs and this week I focused more on songs with numbers like 5 Little Ducks or 5 Little Monkeys Swinging in the Tree. Then for learning time, Baylor went "fishing". I put paper clips on the fish we colored for art time and tied a string and magnet to a stick. She thought this was the best thing ever. She wanted to do it later and again and again. She asked again on Wednesday to go fishing again. Once she would catch one, I would ask her what number it was.
Then for our active time, we went and played catch with the ball and she shot some baskets. At first she was being pretty silly and crazy and would throw the ball somewhat towards the hoop, do a big spin, and then fall down. Last we read some books that we have about numbers.
Wednesday we started off with doing stamps.
Then for art we created with playdough. First we each made a birthday cake out of our playdough and put as many candles on as we wanted. Baylor counted the candles on each of our cakes and then she just played with the play dough for awhile. She liked for me to make her long snakes that she would poke holes in and cut into pieces with a table knife. While she was playing, I would make some numbers out of play dough and ask her what number it was.
We sang a few songs and then for learning time we focused on the song "No More Monkeys Jumping On the Bed." I had printed out 5 monkeys and a bed. She taped them on the chest and while we sang the song she would have one fall off the bed and go to the doctor. Then she would count how many monkeys were still on the bed and then we would sing the next verse. We then read a few books and waited until after lunch to go play outside. It was a beautiful day and I sat on the porch and read while Baylor and Paige played in the grass with their stuffed animal kitties. It was so cute to watch them and it made me so excited for summer.
Thursday we started off by playing with some cards. We have some princess "Go Fish" cards that she found the matches and once she found the match, I would ask her what number was on it. 
Then for art she practiced cutting. I gave her strips of paper that I first had her count and then I let her cut pieces from the strips. Then I gave her a glue stick and a big piece of paper to glue her pieces on.
We did our music and active time at the same time for today. She did some yoga for kids that had music and got her moving. 
Then for learning time, I had ten cups along with ten papers with numbers 1-10. She put one paper next to each cup and then I had a variety of snacks and treats in a bowl and she had to count how many pieces that were on each paper and put that many in the cups. She was most excited about eating the treats and it was a bit of struggle to do some of them but she got through it. We ended our week with a few more numbers books.

No comments:

Post a Comment