Friday, February 5, 2021

Preschool: Alphabet

On Tuesday we had an extra person join us for preschool. Anna's internet wasn't working so her kids came over to our house for their school so Eliza joined Baylor in her preschool activities for the day.

We started off playing with letter tiles. At first Baylor was picking out the A's and B's since those are the two letters she recognizes the best and then she found a few more like X's and Y's and then both of them starting "building" houses for each other. It kept them entertained way longer than I expected which was awesome.
Then for art it was Q-tip painting a block letter of the first letter in their name.
We did some singing in the backroom which was fun having an extra person to do it with especially when doing ring around the rosy. (I can only do it maybe once and then get dizzy) Then for learning time I had the capital letters on the the tree and Baylor had to match the capital letter sticker and put it on the matching letter on the tree. For Eliza I had to quickly come up with something so I drew the tree and put the capital letters on it and when she found the letter she put a circle sticker on it. I'm glad Eliza was there since she knows all her letters. I think it helped Baylor out and also helped Baylor stick with it to the end even though the last 10 or so Baylor was done.
Then for active time, they took turns playing the piano while the other jumped on the tramp. We ended our preschool with the reading of a Baby ABC book and then the had fun playing together until lunch time.
Wednesday we started with playing with playdough. Baylor was content to make mountains and cut her playdough. I would make some letters out of it and ask her what the letter was.
Then for art she colored an "alphabet soup". She first colored the pot of soup with colored pencils and then added alphabet stickers.
We sang a few songs and I sang "Five Little Ducks" for the first time and she loved it so I am sure that will be one on repeat for awhile. Yesterday and today we started our singing time with the alphabet song. Then for learning time we playing alphabet bingo. She was cute while playing and eating a marshmallow or chocolate chip in between each turn.
Then for outdoor/active time we went on a walk outside. I pointed out different things in the yard and told her what letter they started with. We have a Disney ABC book that we read to end our day.
Thursday's starting activity was a hit for Baylor. I had some flour and sugar that she could mix and then had some letter cookie cutters that she could mix in and really do whatever she wanted. I let her use her imagination and didn't worry about how big of a mess or how dirty she was getting. She really enjoyed it and mostly loved the measuring cup and scooping it up and flattening it out and dumping and doing this over and over.
Then we moved to the sink where I had a little bit of water with lots of bubbles so she could wash the dishes and the letters off. This also gave me some time to clean up the table before moving onto art.
For art, I first had drawn on a paper plate the letters and the dashes for her to trace to write the letters. She traced then letters and then colored it with a marker. Then I put two arrows on and she had to point the two arrows to the matching letters.
We sang a couple of songs and again started with the alphabet song and of course had to sing "Five Little Ducks" before doing learning time. For that, we went around the house and put note cards on ten things in the house. Once I wrote it I would ask her was the first letter of the word was and then she would tape it onto that item.
Then for active time, I turned on some "Frozen" music and let her dance away.

No comments:

Post a Comment