Saturday, September 5, 2020

3rd Grade

 The start of this school year was anti-climatic with it being virtual but Paige was excited. On Monday Paige was able to meet her teacher online and there was also a chance for the parents to ask any questions and learn about the schedule. It is going to be a long day for her but we will make the best of it. I can't believe she is in 3rd grade! She is growing up way too fast. She is smart and capable and loves to learn. She is such a good example and loves to help other. She loves school and is so excited to start again though she truly wants to go in person and I am really hoping that happens soon. She misses her friends and thrives in the classroom. 

Here is all about Paige as a 3rd grader:
Favorite Color: Teal, Coral, & Lime Green
Favorite Food: Chicken Crescents and Fettuccine Alfredo
Favorite Treat: Cupcakes
Favorite Thing We Did This Morning: Going to Idaho & seeing baby kittens; Getting baptized
One Thing I Love: Blankies & Doing Crafts
What I Want To Be When I Grow Up: Art Teacher & Elementary Teacher

We did a little back to school photo shoot. She is such a beautiful young lady on the inside and out.
 We also took the opportunity to take some cute pictures of this busy little girl. I can't believe that she will be 3 in just a couple of months!
 How did I get so lucky with these two? They are so adorable and the sweetest sisters to each other. Yes there are times when they push each other's buttons but most of the time they play so well together. Paige loves to plan things for them to do together. They often do crafts together, Paige does "preschool" with Baylor, they love to play outside and especially ride their bikes together. Paige waited so long to have a sibling and she is such an amazing big sister. The other night Paige wanted to babysit so we let her play with Baylor and put her to bed while Nate and I watched a show in the other room. We didn't hear from them the entire time. Paige did puzzles with her and got them ready for bed and read her a goodnight story. I asked Baylor the next morning if she had fun with Paige and what they did. Baylor said that Paige rocked her and sang her songs before they went to bed. My mamma heart just melted. I love their sweet relationship and am looking forward to it continuing to grow and develop. They will always have each other and I'm so grateful for be their mom.
 So cute!!!
 Paige had her first day of virtual learning on Thursday. She was excited and it went well. She was tired by the end of the day and that is a lot of time in front of a computer. One of her best friends is in her class so I am really hoping they go to school soon so they can see each other and play in person. Baylor struggled more since she constantly wanted to go see Paige and knew she was just in the other room. I set up a little schedule for me to do with Baylor but Thursday I was canning some peaches and Friday we had other things going on. Hopefully Monday will be better with Baylor and I know with time she will get used to Paige going to "school".
 Her set up
She wrote this for one of her assignments on Friday. Her teacher provide the first 2 words (I wonder, I hear, etc.) and then they had to create the rest. Paige decided since it was a poem that she needs the end word to rhyme every 2 stanzas. I love how it turned out and how creative she is.

I am in 3rd grade.
I wonder when I will go to real school.
I hear my classmates talking cool.
I see my teacher smiling.
I want to go rock climbing.
I think nature is great.

I am in 3rd grade.
I pretend with Baylor.
I feel happy when I am a baker.
I touch beautiful jewels.
I worry that I will change schools.
I hope corona virus will go away.

I am in 3rd grade.
I understand math.
I say I will always follow the path.
I dream about unicorns.
I don't want to wear school uniforms.
I will change the world!

Good luck this year Paige! I know it is different and a time of uncertainty but I know that you will do amazing things and learn so many things this year. I love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment