Sunday, August 9, 2020

Paige's Baptism

Paige was finally able to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on August 1st. She has been waiting and waiting for this day to come and has been patient through all the Covid restrictions and it all worked out perfectly. We took some pictures in her baptism dress at the Seattle Temple the end of March and who knew at that time that we would have to wait months until her actual baptism. I'm just glad her dress still fit. 😀 
A little less than 2 weeks before her baptism, I talked to the Stake President to see how I could go about doing her baptism and what restrictions I had since I knew the gathering number for religious events like a baptism was different. We were allowed up to 25 people as long as it was outside and only family and to plan it the sooner the better since restrictions may change in coming weeks. So I quickly contacted family and made plans to have her baptism in the hot tub at Nona and Pops' house. The nice thing about this all is that we also able to set up a Zoom link for my family to be able to "participate" and a few ward members. Without Covid, my siblings wouldn't have been able to be a part of it so it was nice that they could watch. Paige enjoyed setting up her program and she called all the different people to ask them if they would do a certain part. I created the program and printed some pictures for some simple decorations (the middle picture on the top row is Nate on his baptism day and the middle picture on the bottom row is from mine). The day finally arrived and everything turned out perfect. It was an absolutely wonderful day that I will always remember. 
I loved seeing Paige in her white jumpsuit excited about every detail. I love the picture of Nate and Paige and that Nate is worthy of the priesthood to baptize and confirm our children. The baptism was beautiful. Grandma played the piano and Lily led the music. Aunt Anna said the opening prayer and my dad gave the talk on baptism. Then she was baptized and Pops and Brett were the witnesses. I loved seeing Brett take his role so seriously and I was honored that he would do that for this cousin and it was neat to see someone so young be the witness. I loved seeing the moment that no one else saw of Nate giving Paige a hug, both of them wet in their jump suits with their white towels, on the stairs before each of them going to rinse off. I loved helping Paige get dressed afterwards and just talking with her and being so excited for her. I loved helping her into her white dress and had a brief thought about helping her one day with her wedding dress. The white dresses in our lives are pretty memorable moments. I loved seeing her beam in her pretty white dress and just seeing this glow and joy about her. Then Nona gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and it was so sweet to see this small girl surrounded by the men in her life that love her so much and support her and to listen to Nate say the words "receive the Holy Ghost." Such a powerful statement and now it is up to her to makes the choices and decisions each day for her to have the influence of the Holy Ghost with her. Nate gave her a sweet blessing and I know that she will always be an example of good to those around her. Then we sang a closing song and Peyton said the closing prayer. It was quite a memorable and very happy day!
Then we took some pictures before a delicious luncheon. Paige is so lucky to have so many people that love her and we are incredibly grateful for family in our lives. Baylor was not a fan of the pictures and always wanted to be held. Thus the cousin picture I quickly set her down for the picture and she didn't last long. 😀


Oh how I love this sweet girl of mine and I know that she was ready to be baptized and ready to make the covenants that she did. She is already such an incredible example of love and kindness to those around her. She was glowing the entire day and she is such a joy. I am incredibly grateful that I get to be her mom! Later in the evening I asked Nate how it was to baptize his own child and he said it was pretty cool. It was such a happy day for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment