Friday, April 10, 2020

Unicorn Week

 This past week was supposed to be our spring break but Paige decided that we had to do our unicorn week this week since national unicorn day is the 9th and is this week and so we are going to have our spring break next week and take a break from school.

Monday's math
Then for Monday's art they decorated coffee filters with washable markers and sprayed them with water and then I cut a unicorn silhouette out of card stock for the coffee filter to go behind. I really liked the way this one turned out.
 Writing for the day
Her writing worksheet and then for her journal she described what her pet unicorn would look like and for the name she looked up the French way to say unicorn and created a name with that- Licorneia. You will see that name pop up throughout the week. Her journal entry says, "My unicorn is white and she has rainbow hair and has a gold horn with lots of sparkles and her name is: Licorneia and I Love her with an uppercase L."
 Then for science we saved this gift that she got from a friend for her birthday which made the perfect science for unicorn week. It was a crystal growing unicorn. We did the crystal growing on Monday.
 Then she finished it and painted it on Friday. Her words while she was painting: "This is my favorite. I love science and I love art but I love it even more when it is science and art together. "
 Tuesday's math was clock worksheets.
Then for art they made unicorn finger puppets.
 They turned out so cute and I loved Baylor's tiny little fingers barely poking through.
 We did some mad libs for writing.
Plus her journal entry: "I would play with bikes and Licorneia would peddle and I would steer the bike. Also I would tell her when to do the brakes. We would play allllllll day!!!!!!"
Tuesday for P.E. we went and walked around this pond that is in a neighborhood in Covington.
Here is Wednesday's math and writing that Paige did.
Then for Wednesday's art they did hand print unicorns. Baylor added some finger painting to hers.
 Her journal entry for the day: "If a unicorn gave me 3 wishes it would be: a pony for a pet, play set with swings and a slide also monkey bars, black flip bars, and a play house with it!, and a cat that no one can be allergic to it!"(Paige loves cats and we all want a cat one day but Paige says we can't have one because her best friend Addison is allergic to them.)
Then for cooking, Paige helped me with dinner. She learned knife cutting and we had Hawaiian Haystacks and so she cut up all the different toppings.
 Thursday was the day- national unicorn day. The girls wore their unicorn clothes and we did some fun things for the day.
For math Paige and I first did the dice game where we either added or subtracted what we rolled with the dice.
 Then for her bar graph, I gave her a bowl full of lucky charms and she had to create a bar graph with the marshmallows. I gave Baylor some and she quickly ate all the marshmallows and asked for more but didn't eat any of the cereal. So I gave her real mini marshmallows to eat and she didn't want them and said she wanted more of the "new" marshmallows. :)
Thursday's art was a unicorn out of a paper plate with yarn hair.
 Doing her writing.
Her writing worksheets- she got to color the different nouns, verbs, and adjectives and the word search was finding the word unicorn 20 times.
Friday for her math, she first did this math color by number.
Then we talked about numbers in the hundreds. This is something they were about to talk about before school was out and they briefly started talking about it. We talked about the different place values and then she did the worksheet to write what place value the underlined number was.
 For art they did paper bag unicorn puppets.
 Her writing for the day: "I like unicorns better than dinosaurs because unicorns are more girly and have sparkly horns. Also, because they are so pretty!"
Her last journal entry for the week she got to pick a prompt from the paper her teacher sent home and when I read this one it melted my heart: "The best present is when Baylor was born because then I had someone to play with. Also, I became a big sister and that is always awesome to be a big sister!"
 
Next week is our spring break and will give me a chance to contact her teacher and she want I can teach her and help her with to prepare for 3rd grade since school is officially cancelled for the rest of this school year. This news is sad to me because Paige had an amazing teacher who really pushed her and helped her to thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment