Thursday, April 25, 2019

Easter

 Our first Easter activity was the Monday before Easter and we dyed eggs. Paige loves to do it and it was Baylor's first year doing it and she liked playing in the dye most and could care less about the eggs.
I let Baylor have pink and yellow since I knew she would make a mess with it and it would be all over her so I thought those two colors were the least likely to stand out. She had fun mixing the dye with a spoon and dipping her finger in and tasting the it. I gave her the blue dye for a little bit but then she was trying to pick the cup up and so we ended up just giving her a glass of water with a spoon and she had just as much fun with that.
Then afterwards a sink bath was the perfect ending to a fun evening.
Then on Saturday we had an Easter egg hunt with Anna and Scott's family and we also invited Addison over. Paige helped me fill the eggs earlier in the week and then Nate and I hid them. The weather was perfect and we had a barbecue afterwards to end another great day.
Baylor was really fun this year since this was the first year that she could find the eggs. She is at the perfect stage for it. She loved finding her eggs and putting them in the basket. 
Then Easter morning Paige was super excited and found everyone's baskets and gave us hints to where they were. I love Paige with holidays. She has so much joy and excitement for them and enjoys all the little things that make holidays special.
She helped Baylor find her basket and of course the only thing she really wanted out of the basket was the chocolate.
Then we all got ready for church and had a little Easter photo shoot outside in their cute Easter dresses.

Recently Baylor has started folding her arms and it is the cutest thing. She knows to do it right before we eat and will do it at night time before we go to bed. Sometimes at dinner she will get in her chair and quickly fold her arms because she wants to eat and knows we have to say a prayer before we get to eat. The top right picture she was coaxing the ducks that were in the yard and wanting to get closer to them. I also took Baylor is nursery for the first time. She doesn't officially go in until the first week of May but I decided to take her in and stay with her so that she knows what it is all about before we leave her there. She loved it and did really great.
In nursery she kept doing this with her dress. I don't know if she liked the feel of her dress or if it was a nervous habit but she did find it pretty funny.
Two of the cutest girls ever!!! I am one lucky mama!
 I am grateful as we celebrate Easter that I know because Christ was resurrected that I too can live again and see my family again after we die. I am grateful that I get to be with my family forever and I am thankful for the gospel and the peace and joy that it  brings to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment