Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Paige's 6th Birthday

Paige turned 6 on March 22nd. I can't believe that I have a 6 year old. She just keeps getting older and older and I wish time would slow down. She is a such a sweet little girl with a little bit of sass. She loves to craft, play outside, ride her bike, play with her dolls and play pretend with them, she loves giving kind notes to everyone that she loves, she is a great reader and loves school, and she is a little tease. Everyone that knows her loves her especially me! Happy birthday Paige!
Right before Nona and Pops left on their mission, Paige and Nona had a combined birthday party since they both have March birthdays but they will be gone for both of them. We had a nice dinner with them and Anna and Scott and their family and had ice cream sundaes for dessert.
Then on her birthday we filled Paige's room with lots of balloons for her to wake up to. She had fun kicking them down the stairs and playing with them throughout the day.
This year she wanted a bubble birthday. So while she was at school I put up dotted streamers and had printed off a whole bunch of bubbles that I hung up all over the dining room. I got some bubbles from the dollar store for the centerpiece for the table along with some bubble gum. Paige has been chewing on bubble gum since and loves it. Her cousins came over for cake and ice cream and she watched for them so as soon as they pulled up we had our little bubble machine going on the front porch to welcome them to her bubble party.
Her bubble cake that I created.
For the past few months Paige decided that she wanted her ears pierced for her birthday and decided that the 24th was the day for it to happen since it was a Saturday. Saturday morning she started to get scared since she knew it would hurt and wanted to back out. We talked to her some more since we knew she really wanted to do it and she finally decided yes. Once she made that decision we headed to Claire's. She picked out really cute butterfly earrings and there was only one worker there at the time so she had to get them done one at a time verses both at the same time. During the process I went to the other side of the store while Nate was with Paige. I don't do well with needles especially with my kids and seeing them hurt. I know I gave myself shots for three months so needles shouldn't be an issue but since doing that the smell of the rubbing alcohol makes me sick to my stomach and fills me with anxiety since I had to smell that smell every night. She did cry but she said it was just a pinch and the anticipation of it all made it worse. She is so happy now and LOVES her earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment