Thursday, March 1, 2018

February Update

 It has been a busy month and I haven't taken very many pictures so I thought I would do a quick update with the random pictures from our phones. 

Paige loves to coordinate clothes with Baylor and she wanted some pictures in these matching pjs before Baylor got too big for hers. I love these two so much and they make me so happy!
Paige is such a fun girl and thinks of the silliest things to do to get a reaction from us. She is very much like Nate in this way. She decided to wear Nate's clothes and she looked so funny in them that we had to get a quick picture.
 Paige loves school so much and what makes it the best is that she has a best friend named Addison. They are so cute together. They are both kind of shy but when together they have so much fun. They have gotten together two times outside of school and they just love being together and I love seeing Paige have such good friends.
 At the beginning of February Nate applied for a full time job working for the city. It is the same position he has been doing for the past few years as a seasonal and decided to apply for the full time position that just opened. He had an interview on the 13th and he got all dressed up. We had fun taking some before and after pictures and he cleans up good! He looks so great and I love the new hair cut even though Nate misses the long hair. His interview went really well and then on the 14th he found out that he got the job!
 We had a nice and simple Valentine's day. We got the great news about Nate's new job and Paige got to take Valentines to pass to her classmates at school. We had fun the few days before putting them all together and she was so excited for the day and got all dressed up with everything hearts- heart shirt, heart pants, and heart hair ties. She decorated this cute bag for her Valentines to go in.
 Then we had dinner and Paige loved helping me set the table and make it look fancy and cute for our Valentine's dinner. It was her idea for the centerpiece and I loved listening to her process what she wanted to do and seeing what she came up with. She is very creative and already has a eye for design.
 Nate got us these beautiful necklaces- the two hearts on mine have the names of the two cutest girls who I love with all my heart.
I have been the primary chorister for the past year and a half and I love it . I do it every other month and it is so fun to have something to plan. For the Sunday after Valentine's day I taught the kids a song about bishops and we talked about all that the bishop does for us and we heart attacked his door to his office at the church. The kids had a lot of fun doing it and I know that Bishop Mitchell appreciated it.
 The past month has been busy mostly with packing and going through everything. It was our last month in our apartment. We are moving in with Nate's parents and will be taking care of and living in their house while they go on their mission for a year. Moving is exhausting but it was good to go through everything and get rid of stuff. I didn't think we had that much stuff until you start moving it all and it adds up. The past two days were filled with deep cleaning so that we can get our deposit back. It was so tiring and at times difficult with a baby but she gave me breaks and did really well.
 Here was her last nap in the apartment while I finished up the last few things before the walk through and turning in all our keys.
We almost lived in the apartment for two years and it was really good for us. I loved having my own little space to decorate and it was really nice that it was brand new. There were a lot of good times and memories made here. Paige went through preschool and started kindergarten while living here. It was nice to be right next to the school so that I could just walk her there. It was fun to have the school park right there for Paige during the summer. I loved walking to the store with Paige when Nate had the car for work. I went through the entire IVF process while living here. I found out that I was pregnant with Baylor and gave myself countless shots in this little home. I loved the view from our balcony of the trees and the sunsets and how we constantly had hummingbirds come to the feeder. I got to meet a lot of new and interesting people. I got to experience what is is like to have a shooting in the parking lot and being home during the lock down. There were lots of little everyday moments here from the tears of life and also the joys of life. This little apartment was good to us and we are excited for the next chapter of our lives.

1 comment: