Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Balcony Oasis

 We love our balcony! It is our own little oasis. When we picked what apartment we wanted we made sure that we picked the side that is looking over the forest instead of the parking lot. I am so glad that we made that decision. I love just staring out the large windows into the trees. You  can see squirrels, an occasional bunny, and lots of different kinds of birds. We also get to see all the beautiful sunsets. 

This week we put up a hummingbird feeder and I LOVE it. There is a couple of hummingbirds that constantly are coming to it. I love to just sit on the couch and watch them.

When we were setting it up Nate held it up before hanging it on the chain and a hummingbird came up to it while he was holding it.
 We also have a little garden on our balcony which is another thing I love. I love seeing the beautiful flowers and plants growing and Nate and I both enjoy taking care of it all and making it look nice.

I love my flowers. I got an old watering can from a yard sale before we moved in and I put lots of flowers in it once we move in. I got the two green pots and had some pansies in it for awhile. I love pansies because they remind me of my Grandma Peterson. The flowers though got a little long for the small pot and were dying so I went to the store a couple of weeks ago to get more of a fall flower. The flowers are all so beautiful!
 Nate loves his little garden. We have a strawberry plant which was my one request. We only got one strawberry off it but it sure did taste good. And we also had a green pepper, a roma tomato, and a cherry tomato plant.
 Nate loves being able to go out to the balcony and just pick and eat some of the cherry tomatoes.
 The cherry tomato plant has taken over the rocking chair but it helps the plant stay up so it is all good.
 The bowl of tomatoes I picked this morning.
 We love our little oasis!

No comments:

Post a Comment