Saturday, December 6, 2014

In Honor of Roderick Lynn Walker

We made a quick decision to go to Idaho to go to my grandpa's funeral and we stayed for Thanksgiving. It was nice to see my family and to honor and remember my Grandpa Walker.

Sunday (November 23rd) was the viewing. We went up with Derek, Charlotte, and Juliette.
The funeral was the next day (November 24th). It was a busy day and the funeral was wonderful. It was great to hear all the stories about my grandpa and remember him and his legacy. I will miss him so much but I know I will see him again one day and I am grateful that I have another guardian angel to watch over me.
My grandpa served in World War 2 and it is so neat to see those that all served honor him.
My grandma did so well and she had so many friends and family help her through this hard time. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel and of the plan of salvation.
My Uncle Dwight made the casket. It is absolutely beautiful. My grandpa's brand is what is on the outside and his brand and a cow are on the top.
Then we enjoyed a nice luncheon afterwards. The oldest grandkid in each family read one of my Grandpa's cowboy poetry. We will all miss Grandpa Walker and we love him very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment