Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving and the Rest of our Trip to Idaho

 The kids in my family made Thanksgiving dinner since my mom was busy with the funeral earlier in the week. Nate made his first turkey this year and it turned out great. It was a great dinner and nice to spend it with family.
The little girl table.
 And the little boy table.
 The big kid table. :)
We kept busy the next few days spending with family and relaxing. I even convinced my parents to get a Christmas tree while we were there so Paige could enjoy the process.

We picked out the tree at Stop N Shop (local store in Firth) where we often got our trees when I was growing up.
 We also went up to have dinner with Grandma Walker. A lot of my sibling were there so it was fun for Paige to play with cousins. 
 Then after everyone left Nate, Paige, my mom, and I stayed and I asked Grandma about meeting Grandpa and there early years of marriage. It was so fun to listen to all her stories.

We did a lot of tree decorating the past few weeks. We decorated Grandma Walker's tree and also my mom's tree.
 Derek and Amy and their girls and Sharolyn and Tyler came over our last evening in Idaho and we decorated graham cracker houses.
 Emily enjoyed her candy cane.
 Then we got to decorated even more trees. We always stay at Nate's aunt and uncle's house whenever we go to Idaho and on our way back we stayed the night there and we helped set up their tree. We also got to decorated Nona and Papa's tree once we got back to our Washington home. We are enjoying the holidays and Paige is so excited for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment