Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Moclips

 Last week we went to the coast for a few days with Dale and Margaret and Aaron and Rachel and their family and Lylia. I love seeing the ocean and we got to stay in this cute little place that was decorated all beachy. It was a fun trip and it brought back memories for Nate because as a young boy their family would go to Moclips and enjoy time on the beach.

Our first stop was in Aberdeen to see the Kurt Cobain memorial.
 Our small trek to the beach
 Ocean Fun
 It was pretty windy.
 Here is the house that Nate and his family stayed in with another family when they would come to Moclips. 
 I was a wuss and kept bundled up. The wind made it a bit chilly for me.
 Nate got some great shots of the scenery.

 Our trip back to our place. Moclips is a very cute and older beach town.
 Rachel made a track in the sand with a rake. It kept the kids entertaining for a while.
 Nate found a starfish and of course I had to get a picture with it. I love seeing all the sea creatures because it  is so new to me. I told Paige she was a lucky girl. She gets to go to the beach and see the ocean for the first time at 5 months. I didn't get to see it all until I was in high school.
 Nate did some skim boarding.
 Lily and I enjoyed watching the others get wet while we stayed dry and warm.
 We had a beach fire one night with delicious smores.
 Some more great shots from Nate. This is the river that flows right off the ocean.
 One night we went out late and got some fun night shots while the tide was out.
 The girl cousins on the Smith side.
 Our last day on the beach.
 Great view of Moclips where we had lunch the last day

1 comment:

  1. You guys look like you're having a fun time! And I am impressed by Nate's picture taking skills. Paige is growing up too fast though. She is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete