Sunday, March 31, 2024

Twelve

Paige turned 12!!! This was the first year that she didn't have a theme, but she was surrounded by family and was so busy with cousins all week that she was okay not having all the details planned out. She told me what dessert she wanted and I put some streamers and a banner up the night before so she could wake up feeling loved and that we were all excited to celebrate her big day.

We had a simple celebration the night before with Amy and the girls. Then on her birthday she went out with Nate to go thrift shopping and out to lunch. She requested fettucine alfredo for dinner and then Nona and Pops and Anna's family and Mike's family joined in for the big birthday celebration.
She must be getting closer to her teenage years. She was very specific in what she wanted and even made a power point with links and prices on everything on her wish list. It made it a whole lot easier to shop for her!
I can't believe it has been 12 years with this sweet girl! I absolutely love being her mom!
Paige is all you could ask for in a daughter. I'm grateful that she is my firstborn. She is such a great example, a leader in her own quiet way, is a little second mother to her sisters, and is so forgiving of my mistakes. She is very sensitive to others needs and has such a empathetic soul. She is very responsible and organized and so very detail oriented. She has the best ideas and I often ask her opinion when I'm working on things. She loves to babysit and take care of those younger than her especially little ones. She excels in school and has liked middle school though has dealt with a new school and forming new friendships has had its challenges. She likes to be at home and really likes to be with her family and people she loves. She is creative and is often asked by her grandparents to make cards, flyers, or posters for them. She is emotional and struggles with communicating how she feels but with that has such a tender heart. It's more of a me problem and knowing how to parent and not getting frustrated with the tears than it is her problem. I love that she feels emotions and isn't afraid to show them, but it has just been a learning curve as her mom and it has greatly taught me how that I don't always need to fix the problem but just listen and be a comfort (I'm still working on this for sure!). She is fun to go on adventures with and is not a fan of the car rides but loves the destination. She has the cutest freckles and the most incredible hair. She really enjoys young women's and I think really likes that I'm in there with her and that she gets to help with a lot of the details and planning. She is a great helper around the house and with her sisters and can sense when I'm tired or not as patient as I should be and always steps up to help. She makes the best faces and can cross her eyes all crazy like. She is more reserved but can let loose and laugh and have fun when she is comfortable. She loves gymnastics, reading, doing things that are creative, play games that push her mind on the computer (she is always been very determined and persistent with anything she does), and loves anything spa related (face masks, nail polish, hand scrubs, etc.). I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted me to be her mom and that I get a front row seat in her life. Happy Birthday Paige!!! I'll love you forever and for always!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment