Friday, February 16, 2024

Valentine's Day

I really do love holidays with little kids. They bring magic and fun and just excitement to the day. They get excited for the little traditions we do for each holiday. The girls woke up excited for the day with chocolate kisses leading to their gifts that we got them to start off their day.
McCall was especially excited for the chocolate kisses and was all oohs and ahhs and later tried to gather up handfuls. 
Of course we had heart shaped pink pancakes (the ironic thing was that Baylor was super excited about them on Valentine's day and the next day she said they tasted funny because they were pink.)
Nate left sweet notes for us to enjoy when we woke up in the morning. He truly is the best!
Paige and Baylor had school so it was just McCall and I for the day. It was a pretty low key day with not much going up. The sun was shining so we went outside for a bit and I tried to get some cute pictures of her in her Valentine's outfit, but she is so busy and never holds still.
Baylor had her first school Valentine's party and was so excited to hand out her Valentines and the three of them had fun looking through her stash when she got home. Paige even got a few Valentine's from friends and McCall was just looking for any candy she could get her hands on.
Our traditional Valentine's dinner is spaghetti, salad, heart shaped cheesy toast, and pink Jell-O. McCall had the cutest spaghetti face so I went down memory lane and found some pictures of all my girls loving spaghetti.
Leading up to Valentine's day we put a heart (Nate does half and I do the other half) on the girl's doors about what we love about them. I sure love my sweet girls and wanted to post here what we love about them for 2024.
Paige: I love thrift shopping with you, I love your handwriting, I love how you strive to be your best, I love your grace, forgiveness, & empathy. You are so sweet!, I love how kind you are, I love your FHE lessons, You are an awesome big sister, I love the thoughtful gifts and notes you give, I love seeing all the art you create, I love that you are an amazing friend, I love that you are like a little Bethany, I love the activities and games you come up with to entertain your sisters

Baylor: I love your silly sense of humor, I love the cards & gifts you give, I love how you play with your sisters, I love your imagination, I love your eyes when you smile, I love cuddling you and kissing your cheeks even when you are trying to get away, I love how you are a good friend, I love teasing and having fun with you, I love to watch you do math and listen to you read, I love your giggle, I love that you love to be outdoors, I love playing games with you

McCall: I love how you love puppies, I love how cute you are, I love how excited you are when I get home from work, I love watching you learn new things, I love your smile and your dimple, I love how you hold my pants and step on my feet until I pick you up, I love how you try to sneak past me at night, I love how happy you are every morning, I love your little run and little jump, I love the silly faces you make, I love your love of the outdoors, I love the words you say and how you say them

Happy Love Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment