Saturday, November 4, 2023

6th Grade- Middle School!!!

I know this is really late this year, but I had to get in my annual post of going back to school. I finally got around to taking pictures of back to school clothes. I guess life has just been busy or there has been sickness in the house (having a kindergarten is no joke with how much sickness has come into our house this year!) and this hasn't been on the top of my to do list, but I wanted to get it done before the weather turned to winter.

Paige started middle school this year!!! It was a big transition and the few weeks leading up to the first day of school were HARD! They had a back to school event a little bit before the first day of school and she came home in tears and I was frustrated and really didn't know how to help. I tried to focus on the positive and the tender mercies that we saw. A few days later, she found out that she had the first half of her classes with her best friend and her lunch with her which helped the most in easing some of her fears. We said a lot of prayers and tried to prep her mentally as much as we could as her parents. I had some fear going into middle school and this transition of 6th graders being there since this was the first year they were doing this. My biggest worry was the mornings. Paige is not a morning person and the last couple years of elementary school were hard. There were lots of tears for weeks especially at the end of the school years and middle school started an hour earlier than elementary school, but it is amazing how she has adjusted. It is night and day compared to what we had experienced in elementary school. The first day of school was hard and there were tears, but she has been really good in the mornings. She loves changing classes and has made new friends while strengthening her relationship with her best friend. She likes having lots of different teachers, some she likes better than others, which we told her is completely normal. She is very organized and is doing amazing is school. She has done track and now is doing gymnastics. There have been a only a few mornings where there have been tears and is is usually when something is out of the ordinary or something happens that is unexpected. She is getting so much better at talking about what is going on when anxious feelings pop up. I was worried about middle school, but so far it has been a really good experience for her.

Here's all about Paige as a 6th grader:
Favorite Color: Pale Yellow and Lavender
Favorite Food: Fettucine Alfredo and Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Favorite Treat: Brownies
Favorite Things We Did This Summer: Going to Idaho and the Peterson Family Reunion especially Lava Hot Springs and Time with Cousins & Going to Ocean Shores
Things I Love: Blankies, Family, & Friends
What I Want To Be When I Grow Up: A Kindergarten Teacher

Paige is looking so grown up these days and turning into an incredible young women! She is so gorgeous on the inside and out. I love being her mom and watching her grow!
Nate's sweet note for her on the first day of school.
First day of school pictures! Picture on the right is how she really felt about it. :)
Baylor and I had fun decorating to surprise her when she got home. We had one of her favorite dinners and celebrated this big milestone. I always love an excuse to decorate and have a little party and to show my girls how much I love and adore them.
You got this school year Paige! Your first year of middle school will be a learning experience, but you will learn and grow so much and I'm grateful that I get a front row seat. Continue being yourself, be kind, be an example and a helper and you will do just fine. There will be hard times, but also some really good and fun times. Life has so many ups and downs, but rely on prayer and your relationship with Jesus Christ and rely on your big support system of all the people that love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment