Wednesday, March 1, 2023

February's Little Moments

I always like to blog about the little moments that happen each month. Sometimes we focus on the big exciting things in life that make life really fun but there are little moments in life that are just as sweet.

We all got over Covid and finally got over it the end of January and then not even two weeks later, McCall got a cold from somewhere and passed it to Baylor. They were the only two that got sick but it led to lots of cuddles and naps. These two sickies both fell asleep while waiting to pick up Paige for school so I had a really quiet car. (Sickness is not necessarily a sweet moment in life but it sure makes us appreciate our health so much more and it also makes you slow down in life a little bit more and focus on the comfort of others.)
Paige had the desire to bake one evening so Nate and I got a very fancy brownie that she made each of us and she wanted us to rate it for her. It was SO good and pretty to look at too!
McCall is getting so big and is getting much better at sitting in her high chair at the table. It's fun having her be a part of our meals and she is always begging for little bites from each of us. One evening, Paige and I were having ice cream on either side of her and she went back and forth getting a bite from each of us.
Paige is such a great big sister, who is always looking for and trying out new fun activities with both of her sisters. She made a little water sensory bin for McCall to play and splash in and she didn't want to take McCall's clothes off so she put on her little bathrobe. It didn't work the best and she ended up being soaked but it sure was cute to watch.
I have some cute girls!
This is my first primrose to bloom and it gives me such hope for spring and warmer weather. I'm starting to get a little stir crazy and want to be outside more but I don't want to be all bundled up when I do got out. I am so ready for warm weather, working out in the yard, playing in the yard and seeing how McCall reacts to crawling on grass and a new space for her to explore, and I'm so looking forward to all the fun outdoor adventures we will go on this year.
Baylor has the desire to figure out how to ride her bike without the training wheels. Paige has been happy to help out and is a great teacher. I'm sure this summer, Baylor will figure it out!
One day I almost burnt our house down....I was making hummingbird food (water/sugar combo) and was boiling it. I had put McCall down for her nap and I let Baylor watch a show. I decided it was a good quiet time to read my scriptures and totally forgot I was cooking something! Some time later, I went to the bathroom and came out and there was a little bit of smoke in my room and I didn't know where it was coming from. I went in the hall and more smoke. So then I went into mom mode, frantically trying to figure out where it was coming from. I checked the girl's room and the bathroom. I hurried and went into McCall's room since there is a heater in there and I thought maybe that was causing it. I went into the kitchen and remembered that I was cooking something. The kitchen, dining room, and family room were FILLED with smoke. Baylor was just watching her show like nothing was happening. I hurried and took the pan outside and started opening windows and doors and fanning the smoke out with blankets. Our smoke alarm was doing a little chirping sound so we got the battery changed in that. I'm glad that the smoke was the worst of it and that there was no actual fire. I did end up taking the next few days to scrub down floors and cupboards because the house smelled of the smoke.
Little piano recital at Nona and Pop's house.
Big sister helping out little sister with sitting up.
Paige had a friend over one evening and we made make your own pizza and Baylor made a fun face in hers.
On a nicer Saturday, Nate and I were doing some yard work and I sent these two out to clean up their fairy garden. I gave Paige my phone to take pictures of the things that we have so we can shop for more things to add and not get the same things that we already have and I had these cute pictures on my phone when she gave it back to me.
"Take a picture Mom! She cuddling me!"
At Paige's school they did an art competition. You only did it if you wanted to and there were different areas of art that you could compete in and there was a theme. Paige entered in an art piece and her picture went to the district level. On Monday, they had a little celebration at the district office to recognize those art pieces in the school district that made it to that level and we also found out if the art made it to the state level and Paige's did! Nate is out of town this week for work so I left Baylor and McCall with Pops and Nona joined us for the celebration. She even took us out to ice cream! It was a fun evening, celebrating our little artist.
On Tuesday, the sun was shining and even though it was still coat weather, we decided to go out and soak in some sun rays. We even took McCall out this time and it was so cute seeing my three girls on the grass playing! 
Sitting up like such a big girl!
Paige is really into four square right now and plays it at every recess at school and when she has friends over that is what they do. She loves to practice at home and loves to play with Nate and I. She is now training a future four square player and is pretty patient with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment