Saturday, April 9, 2022

Letter K

Letter K for this week. We got 4 good days in and we started off with our usual uppercase and lowercase letter K tracing. I'm really never sure how much she is remembering but the other day I drew all the uppercase letters and she knew all of them except 2 and lowercase she knew way more than I thought she would and I think only missed about 4. So it is sticking and after we get through all these letters the big thing will be sound recognition. She is doing amazing and I love watching her learn!
Then the craft for the first day was a king craft out of the uppercase K. I cut out the K and she drew the crown and cut it out and decorated with sparkly markers and glued on jewels.
Tuesday we did a chocolate kiss matching game. I glued things that start with the letter K on the bottom of each kiss and then we played memory. First we talked about what each picture was with the focus on the K sound and then every time she found a match, I would again ask her what the picture was with the strong focus on the sound of the letter. Then of course we enjoyed some chocolate when we were done!
Wednesday her craft was a kangaroo. I drew the different pieces and then she cut them out. The little black circle below the face is a little joey that is peeking out of the mama kangaroo's pocket.
Then she jumped around like a kangaroo after she was done with her picture.
Thursday was a gorgeous day so most of the time we were outside but for preschool she did create a kite out of a paper towel tube, some string, and streamers.
Then in the afternoon she got to fly it all around in our front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment