Monday, March 28, 2022

A Whole Decade of Loving YOU

How has 10 years gone by so fast!?!?! It seems like yesterday when I first met this beautiful, perfect little girl. She has shaped me into a completely new person as I became her mom. I love being a mom and there is nothing better than having this little girl be my firstborn. She has been the best kid to raise and I love everything about her. I still don't know how a decade has flown by but I know my life is better and sweeter with you in my life. Happy 10th birthday Paige Canova Smith!!!

A look on the past 10 years
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016
2017
2018
2019
2020
2021
She is such a fun and loving kid. She has always been easy going and SO kind. She is very thoughtful and thinks of the sweetest gifts and cards to give to others. She tries so hard to be the best big sister and to be a good example. At times I feel the pressure may be a little hard on her and feelings of wanting to be perfect can be difficult but she strives each day to be her best self. She loves baby animals especially kittens and wants us to get a cat so badly. She loves to read and is often found in her room with some music playing while reading a book. She loves to learn and wanted a dictionary for her birthday. She loves to help others learn and this year has taken a few things that she has worked on at home to her teacher to use in lessons or to give to each student in her class to help them out. She has blossomed this year at school and has done more things that are a little out of her comfort zone and I love watching her grow though she still hates to be the center of attention. She has let me finally volunteer in her classroom at school and has realized that it isn't so bad having mom in class. She is and always has been a big help to me. She is very forgiving and loves to make others happy. She loves to be outside playing with cousins and friends. She loves to be active and has big dreams. She gives the sweetest family home evening lessons and loves to teach and also to be prepared for anything that is coming up in her life. I love her freckles and she just has the prettiest face and the most beautiful hair. She doesn't do well when she is tired but doesn't like to take it easy (sounds familiar...). She loves to cook and create anything her mind can imagine. She likes to explore the world and enjoys the simple things in life. She loves chocolate ice cream and other chocolate desserts though for candy she prefers fruity things. She is smart and capable and is quiet most of the time but has a very silly side to her that loves jokes and playing jokes on others. She is so brave. She is so close to heaven and already has such a sweet relationship with her Father in Heaven. I hope that she always remembers who is is and that she is so very loved by so many people. I really can't believe that I am so fortunate to be her mom and I thank Heavenly Father for this sweet girl in my life. She truly is the best and I love her so much!

She has a great 10th birthday. She has school and loved getting things from her teacher and she made little gift bags to give to each of her classmates. Some of Aaron's kids happened to be over for their spring break so she had lots of cousins here for her birthday which was so much fun. The weather was gorgeous and we walked to the lake before dinner and we even found some turtles!
She wanted an under the sea themed party. She and Baylor colored some fish the day before that they hung up. I hung up lots of blue streamer strips from the ceiling to make it feel like we were under water. We got some balloons and some mermaid decorations from the dollar store. I made her cake during the day but she wanted to decorate it which I was completely fine with since I'm not the best cake decorator. 
Her dinner choice was homemade chicken noodle soup and breadsticks. It was fun to have extra family over and they all had lots of fun outside playing before cake and ice cream time.
Smith tradition of dragging the candles through the frosting.
Then Paige's favorite part of the day- present time. Baylor made her quite a few presents which was sweet and Paige loved all her gifts.
It was such a fun day celebrating such a sweet girl! Then Saturday the fun continued. I asked her if she wanted a friend party and she just wanted to have a day with Addison and go to Defy Seattle. So we had the day and the girls had lots of fun jumping and playing in all the pits and the trampolines. It was fun to watch them even though it was a pretty crowded and crazy there. They also had fun at the house crafting and creating slime. It was a fun day for two friends.
Happy Birthday Paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment