Monday, October 5, 2020

October 1-5

I decided to have some fun and do little things each day leading up to Halloween. It gave me a creative project to focus on and I know the girls will love it. I first made this trick or treat punch out board. I hot glued paper cups on a thick poster board and put tricks (from the dollar store) and treats in each cup covered with tissue paper. The girls will take turns throughout the month and punch one out each day. Paige was so excited when she first saw it and was counting down the days until October 1st so she could punch out the first one. Baylor was hesitant on her day and wanted help but now wants to do more than one a day now that she knows there is candy inside. :)

I made up a list of things to do each day in October and our first thing was do apple stamping to created pumpkins. I cut an apple in half for each of the girls and had orange paint. Baylor stamped maybe once and then was happy to paint with the paint brush on her paper and also of course she wanted to paint her hand until it was covered in orange. Paige was more creative and wanted white paint too and also some glitter. Both turned out just as I expected for each of them.

October 2nd I found these jack-o-lantern foam beads at the dollar store for the girls to play with and enjoy. They created their own games with them and it kept them entertained.

October 3rd we ate some candy corn.
Baylor was not at all interested and I only got her to eat a tiny piece but Paige and I enjoyed them. Paige had fun with them and I showed them how I would eat them when I was little. I would try and eat just the white, then the orange, and last the yellow. Paige also thought it was funny that when she broke off the tip of white that it looked like a tooth.
October 4th and 5th I combined and did today and it was first, collecting autumn leaves. Baylor was excited to get as many leaves as she could and was just stuffing leaves into her bag and Paige was more precise in finding just the perfect leaf of all different colors.
Then we did leaf rubbings. Baylor thought it was pretty cool that you could see the leaf once it was colored but wasn't the greatest at coloring in one spot and so I helped her some so she could see more of her leaves. Paige took her time and wanted the leaves to be in just the right spots on her paper. It was a fun little activity and we enjoyed the beautiful fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment